• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Accounting Software Survey

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

McGrace

My wife and I own a complicated business, a medium size farm. Horses and stuff. We currently use MS Money 2004 for accounting, and of course it does the job but is outdated.

I am wondering what people with businesses are using for accounting software, and particularly whether or not they had to convert data from MS Money into it.

The only thing I am ruling out is that I do NOT want to use software that has a monthly charge to it. If it were to come to that I'd just write the **** myself. But I am ok with paying a one time fee to buy something.

Regards,

DB

have you checked out quickbooks? A few friends of mine run various businesses, and it seems to work well for their small business setup. However, those range from small IT shops to a 10 person structural engineering firm.

I use Quicken, not Quickbooks, to run my gig. No monthly charge, picked up the 2014 version last year on Amazon for $60. It does all I need it to do and I was able to hand off a copy to my CPA and let him worry about the taxes. All I had to do was keep up with income/expenses.

Back