• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ACX 2.0+ SC+ or ACX 2.0+ Classified

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jebediah

Hello guys.
I'm about to buy a new graphic card and it's leaning towards a 980ti. I've read alot of good stuff about EVGA and it seems to be a good choice since they have 5 years warranty.
Anyway. I can't decide if i should go with the cheaper ACX 2.0+ SC+ or the ~120$ more expensive ACX 2.0+ Classified. I'm at watercooling today and the 980ti will also be watercooled, so please correct me if i'm wrong....
The ACX 2.0+ SC+ are a reference board and there's several waterblocks from EKWB that fits, while Classified are non-reference and there's no specific blocks to buy except the 780 GTX waterblocks that fits "almost"?
But then the Classy seems to be a winer when it comes to overclocking, and yes, i will overclock the new card :)

So what should you guys have done in my place?

Last edited:
Unless you're planning on taking the Classified sub ambient and doing some extreme benchmarking with it it's not worth the extra $120.00, if the money is important to you. Don't get me wrong it's a really good card but it's made to take to extremes, if you're only going to be cooling it with ambient cooling it's not necessarily going to Oc any better then any other 980Ti. I do agree with you on buying an EVGA card, I've had nothing but good experiences with their customer service.

Well gaming is my life and overclocking + watercooling is more or less a hobby :) Sounds like the ACX 2.0+ SC+ is the way to go. Just to bad that i have to leave the "Red" team.

I would probably choose the SC unless you're planning to flash the BIOS and add a lot of extra voltage.

Well gaming is my life and overclocking + watercooling is more or less a hobby :) Sounds like the ACX 2.0+ SC+ is the way to go. Just to bad that i have to leave the "Red" team.

I would probably choose the SC unless you're planning to flash the BIOS and add a lot of extra voltage.
I feel that is a wise decision. As Atminside is alluding to, the Classified is a great card for overclocking, I actually have a GTX 980 Classified K|ngP|n edition. That said, I bought it to take it sub ambient and flash the BIOS so I can give it a whole heaping of voltage. If one is looking to push to it's limits on ambient cooling a decent card is all you'll need. The ACX Super Clocked is still a really good card and will likely be all you'll need, especially if you're only gaming at 1080p.

Back