• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ADATA Plus V2.0 Series 4 GB (2 x 2 GB) DDR3-1866 (PC3 15000) Kit CL8

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ømen

Registered
Hello, long time reader, first post. I assure you that this thread will get around to asking a question about memory. I've recently decided to update my 1366 socket setup to a 1155 socket setup. Here is a summary of my old and new hardware (arriving 08Jun):

Old:
Asus P6X58D Premium Motherboard
Intel G2 SSD 80GB
Corsair Dominator Series DDR3-1866 (PC3 15000) CL9 3x2 GB
Intel Core i7-920 D0 stepping
XFX Radeon 5850 Black Edition 1GB
Cooler Master Cosmos 1000 Case
PC Power and Cooling Silencer 750 Quad

New:
Asus Maximus Extreme 4 Motherboard
OCZ Vertex 3 MAX IOPS Edition SSD 120GB
Corsair Vengance Series DDR3-1600 (PC3 12800) CL8 2x4GB
Intel Core i7-2600k
Asus GTX580 DirectCU II 1.5GB
Cooler Master Cosmos 1000 Case (same)
PC Power and Cooling Silence 750 Quad (same)

I'm planning to overclock like always, but I usually always buy something safe for RAM and don't play with it too much. I've decided to take a different approach this time and get a second set of RAM that I hope will be fun to OC and not be a dissapointment. For some reason my mind is situated on the RAM OC after having read some interesting articles. I know it makes very little real world performance difference, but I would like to think I'm not selling myself short by overlooking it.

I concurrently ordered from Amazon this set, which appears to be the little brother of the 2200 Hypers:

ADATA Plus V2.0 Series 4 GB (2 x 2 GB) DDR3-1866 (PC3 15000) Kit CL8-8-8-24 AX3U1866PB2G8DP2 (Black)

Apparently, it still has the same hyper chips, but were just the ones that weren't binned high enough to be a part of that elite line. I'm hoping since they are hypers and that they are starting off with good numbers that they will work out to be a good set. I can't find any reviews for them online anywhere and I was wondering if anyone here had tried them out in the past or knew anything about them. I'm going to keep the Corsair Vengence memory as a backup in case I fry the ADATA or I end up being stuck in a situation where 4GB isn't enough.

Also, if you have any comments about the compatibility of my new hardware or tips/advice, please share that as well. Thanks.

Last edited:
Ummm... I guess the lack of response is a no in terms of whether anyone knows anything about this RAM. I feel kinda dumb after writing all that. Well, if the memory benches good I'll post the results here and hopefully make this thread worthwhile. I'll let you know when I get it.

The RAM came in today, I'll post some pics without the heat spreader and then install and try out. I'm running another project thread concurrently in the water cooling section of the forums. I'm gonna put most of my focus on that one.

100+ views so I think that all are waiting for some results ;) Not really popular kit. I couldn't even get any ADATA+ 1866/2200 kits in my country but it was some time ago and I finally got 2000G. All my Adatas are on PSC so it's not much to compare :p
MEIV is nice board to play with memory :thup:

Sorry, I had some unfortunate results with trying out water cooling and I may have ruined one of the DIMMs, I'm in the process of testing it out in another system this evening. Will get back soon.

I bought 2 of those sets from amazon a few months ago, i posted pictures on the site of how awesome they look because they were non other than the factory digital image. so if u saw pics, they were mine! :p
They are so damn nice looking!
i have the 1866Mhz also. I have them in triple channel, unfortunatly they diddnt sell triple channel pack so i bought 2x 2pack.
have them running at 7-7-7-21 atm but im thinking of trying upping the MHz.
I use Asus Rampage III Formula MB and they run nice and stable with it

I bought 2 of those sets from amazon a few months ago, i posted pictures on the site of how awesome they look because they were non other than the factory digital image. so if u saw pics, they were mine! :p
They are so damn nice looking!
i have the 1866Mhz also. I have them in triple channel, unfortunatly they diddnt sell triple channel pack so i bought 2x 2pack.
have them running at 7-7-7-21 atm but im thinking of trying upping the MHz.
I use Asus Rampage III Formula MB and they run nice and stable with it
I am PM'ing you, I have a few questions regarding your sticks ;)

To the OP: I hope your sticks don't die on you from that WC'ing accident :-/. They are truly great sticks.

Back