• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Adding external speakers-TV

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I had a similar issue with sound on account of the fact that I don't hear so good. :)

I bought a Vizio 36 inch 2.1 sound bar from Best Buy after doing a bit of research. It connected via the optical cable and a power cable. The sub woofer was wireless to the sound bar and I plugged it into power behind the couch. Fixed my hearing issue and wasn't too intrusive or expensive.

I'm still receptive to the idea of getting a soundbar or some kind of center channel speaker, with the optical digital connect.

Update:

I enlisted the help of my neighbour, who is an "audio aficionado "(be a good name of a forum mod, huh?), he discovered one important aspect of my [failed] installation:

that I had not taken off the little clear plastic caps from the ends of the TOS cable. :eek:

caps.jpg

Just didn't see 'em. :shrug:

Happy day, the set-up is running external speakers like a champ! :clap::thup::attn: :beer:

[SOLVED]

Update:

I enlisted the help of my neighbour, who is an "audio aficionado "(be a good name of a forum mod, huh?), he discovered one important aspect of my [failed] installation:

that I had not taken off the little clear plastic caps from the ends of the TOS cable. :eek:

View attachment 199904

Just didn't see 'em. :shrug:

Happy day, the set-up is running external speakers like a champ! :clap::thup::attn: [emoji481]

[SOLVED]
Hell I even checked the Pic you posted earlier in the thread (because I did the same thing a little while ago) and thought the plastic wasn't there. Glad you got it figured out though. Double points to me because I was going to suggest the correct solution but didn't :D

...I'm going to see if I can do a return on the digital optical audio adapter, will eat restocking fee,

return shipping and go on from there.

:shrug:

Just to update, I had contacted the seller about a return, he said he'd do a refund, and not to worry about returning the adapter.

However, since getting the unit working, I wanted to go ahead and pay the seller, so after some confusion(on their part) they invoiced me, and provided a payment link. So, I paid them. Case closed...?

Well, today I get an email stating:

Your item has been shipped for Item - Acoustic Audio AADAC Digital Optical to Analog Audio Converter w/ Optical Cable

:shrug:

Back