• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Adivce on my fan configuration.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aquitain3

Registered
Tell me what you think of my setup :)

Looking for advice on my airflow.
I have the heatsink in push pull with the 2 fans. I run them super slow even when gaming. They cool the board a bit which made me think of removing one of the top fans that sits above the ram.

1x bottom intake
2x front intake
2x top exhause
1x rear exhaust

The rest of my computer is in my sig

I want to know if the rear exhaust messes with the top down heatsink?
I want to know if I could get by with less exhaust fans? Which ones could be removed?
Its quiet and I have it working well but I like the idea of using less.

pc.jpg

ciao!

Last edited:
First, I am personally unable to see the picture as it is hosted 3rd party (office blocks it). I will attach an image showing how to attach to the forum (does not go away like 3rd party, ;)).

As far as airflow, the generally accepted rule of thumb is:

Front/sides = intake
Top/rear = exhaust

As far as which fans on what... LOL, we have a HUGE closed thread on the more exhaust or more intake debate... Just know that more intake than exhaust will prevent dust from coming in the cracks, while the reverse will bring it in. That said, I always have more exhaust than intake as I could care less about the little difference that makes on dust in the first place.

Perhaps create a signature with your hardware so we know what exactly you have.

OCFinsertimages.png

Ok, you'll need to explain the direction your fans are running. Two fans in front-intake? Fan on bottom by pwr supply-intake? Two fans on top-exhaust and fan on rear of case-exhaust? Personally not a fan....hehe...of heat sinks for CPUs that have the air blowing down onto the mb. But hey you do have possibly 3 exhaust fans right there.
We need a few more details of things. Are you OC,ing?

LOOKS like Betty spaghetti or hell's kitchen with all the wires hanging, plus the HDD Cage at the front!! HMMMM. Sorry OP could really do with some TLC and a good clean up, but yes please kindly let us all know which way the wind is blowing on your Fans.

scenario7b1kc.jpg

This is your basic configuration for air flow around a PC Case!!

AJ.

the only solution to the HDD cage seems to be external drive
or is there a silent mounting solution that I can use?

Ok, you'll need to explain the direction your fans are running. Two fans in front-intake? Fan on bottom by pwr supply-intake? Two fans on top-exhaust and fan on rear of case-exhaust? Personally not a fan....hehe...of heat sinks for CPUs that have the air blowing down onto the mb. But hey you do have possibly 3 exhaust fans right there.
We need a few more details of things. Are you OC,ing?

I fixed my post and the image is fixed now BUT
Damn, bros...its quite obviously which direction the fans are going! Don't all case fans blow out the side with the logo.:facepalm:

Lol, great point on the fans and which way they are blowing! I didn't see the pic! :p

There is no reason the rule of thumb would not apply here too. I'd keep things as is. If I were to remove one, it would be the top exhaust closest to the front of the case.

So the flow looks ok in the top of the case? Not too many conflicting airflows?

Not much you can do there with a top down cooler. I wouldn't change it.though.. it is whaylt it is.

You asked about how attach you drives in the PC Case without using the cages, easy use Heavy Duty double sided tape!!! Just stick down your drives where ever you want them, or put them into the empty 5.25 bays using the tape. Simple solution Mr Watson elementary my dear Holmes!!! :D ;)

AJ.

I'd put the hdd into one of the 5.25 Bays. The ssd anywhere you like. Back of the board tray most likely. Then work on the cable management. That case has fantastic options for it. And you've got a psu that uses flat ribbon cables. The fan wires are easy to fix too. Cable ties! An hour or two is all that's required to fix all that.

Out of personal curiosity, which fans are you using? Are they all the same (they look it)? Looking to add fans to my case.

Out of personal curiosity, which fans are you using? Are they all the same (they look it)? Looking to add fans to my case.

I use 4 of the Noctua NF A14. They are a pretty standard, high end, square frame 140mm fan. The circle fans are their older brother, came out before they even had a square frame 140.

Back