• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

adobe flash and nf4, amd opteron 170

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

daveywave

Registered
What am i doing wrong!!! Before i went ahead and adjusted some fsb settings and pumped so more ram and even increased to 1T timing from 2T I was getting great quality, non choppy performance from all video sites including the CPU intensive Hulu at 480p. All this done at full screen at 1920x1080 on a geforce 6700 XT.

Now i could barely play in the small browser window without seeing some choppy playback happening, and full screen. forget it!

What happened? i'm running at 2.5-3-3-7 timings on some g.skill ram (i know not the best... but its just adobe flash right?) @ 222fsb cpu/fsb = 1/1

I also have plenty of power going to the motherboard... i tried ticking 'enable hardware acceleration' in adobe on and off...

I can't possibly be the only one with this problem can i? did i really funk up my bios genie settings? whats the cause?!

dfi nf4-ultra d
ocz 550watt
g.skill 2x1gb ram (dual channel)
amd opteron at 2.22ghz at full HT speed (5x222)

btw i had installed win 7 when i was adjusting those settings... so i thought windows 7 was the culprit. I went ahead and installed windows xp before i posted this topic this morning and its even worse! P.S. all nforce drivers are installed as well

I guess I'm slow this morning.

You were running XP with no overclock and everything was fine,
then you overclocked some stuff,
then you installed Win7,
then you had problems,
then you re-installed XP,
and you've still got problems.

Did I get that right?

Did you replay something you had previously watched? Some of Hulu's video IS choppy - on any system. I've watched a couple of A-Team episodes on both my TV through my Phenom HTPC and on my desktop - same choppiness on both but other episodes play fine as do other shows ... :shrug:

Last edited:
Back