• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

advantage of dual monitors...any ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
aeiou said:
Have you used dual monitors before? Wide screen is great, but dual is even better. Best? dual widescreens :D

I like having everything on one screen. Just a personal preference. I have a ws lappy and ws lcd.

I have used dual monitors in the past, and it really makes all the difference.

And ultramon is a must. the only thing keeping me from setting up the other one is the slight lack of space. But once you try it, you will never look back.

perfectturmoil said:
Dual monitors wont make your gaming any better. Most video cards cant render 3d across multiple monitors, and even if yours could, you'd probably suffer worse performance.

Wrong on that one - MOST video cards CAN render on mutiple monitors (as long as they have 2 ports out) it is MOST GAMES arent programed for multi-monitor support

As said above - usning multiple monitors on games will DECREASE performance as it now has to render across 2 screen = higher res likely.

Benefits of dual + monitors is for people who multitask - dual monitors = more desktop space more windows open.

Back