• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Advice for chassis fan cooling...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BoundByBlood

Maybe Something Cool?
My chassis fans are set to a standard profile in BIOS which provides the best cooling, but can be quite loud at times. If I switch to a silent profile I've noticed the CPU socket and die temps remain low while the chipset will run between 38-40°C when the system is idle.

I was previously using Asus AI Suite, but that is a junk program and speedfan isn't compatible with my system.

I need a good fan speed control application which will allow me to run a silent profile while idle or doing menial tasks and then switch to a performance profile while gaming. Any ideas?

You should be able to make a custom fan curve in the UEFI. That's the most reliable way, since software can often be unreliable in my experience.

pwm fans are the way since they can run lower. i just put my on pwn and "standard" and it turned out perfect. they run from about 400-1200rpm i think

Thanks, I setup a curve in UEFI and it works pretty well. Of course PWM fans would also be a lot more help as well.

Back