• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Advice on Loop rearrangement

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gui

Hello,

I've been running the loop bellow for 3 years and now that I'll change the video card and its block I realized that there are room to optimize it. You probably agree.

Equipment:
- 1/2 tubing
- EK blocks
- Swiftech Radiators
- Swiftech MPC655 pump
- Reservoir 150ml
- Chieftec BA01-BBB full tower case

Today my loop look like this:

Reservoir > Pump > Radiator 1 120x240 > VGA > Radiator 2 120x120 > Radiator 3 120x120 > CPU

water cooler loop v1.jpg

Problems:
- Too much tubing
- Air accumulating at the Radiators 1 and 2 outlets due to the fact the inlet is at the top
- Radiator 3 with in/outlets at the bottom, probably accumulating air inside at the top

Now I want to rearrange the itens like te diagram below:

Reservoir > Pump > Radiator 1 120x240 > Radiator 2 120x120 > CPU > Radiator 3 120x120 > VGA

Notice that I flipped the R1 and R3 by 180 degree and changed the outlets of R1 and R2 to the top instead of the bottom

water cooler loop v2.jpg

Do you think that this is the best arrangement or is there something else I'm missing?

I agree what Neb said.

I will also add if it is possible of selling those 120s and grabbing a 240mm and hang it in the back would leave you with a more efficient route and less clutter.

Thanks guys. I have finished the new arrangement a couple of hours ago. The fluid is running noticeable faster and also no more stationary air bubbles.

There is no more room for a second 240 radiator, but what I'll do is replace my current Thermaltake 240 and one of the 120's (also Thermaltake) for Swiftech's. Only one of my radiators are from Swiftech and its flow is MUCH more efficient than Thermaltake.

Back