• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Do you know the stepping/date code on it? You may have a very good overclocker, and there will be no need to upgrade to the 2500 Barton.

Personally, I would go with the Barton 2500+. With phase change cooling, or even a good air setup, chances are that you could get the 2500+ running at the speeds of the 3000+ or possibly higher. You could also get the 2100+ running at the same speed as the Barton, but with the extra cache, the Barton would have the higher performance.

350 hasnt happened yet. So it's 250. I'd keep it. The meager performance gain you May or may not get with the 2500+ probably wont be worth 100$

Well it may not be worth $100 but if you sell the 2100+ for $50 it may be worth it in his case.

Didn't see that. Anyway I doubt you can hit 3 stable.

It depends how much money you have and what you want to do.

If I was you I wouldn't upgrade.

Bman1238 said:
Personally, I would go with the Barton 2500+. With phase change cooling, or even a good air setup, chances are that you could get the 2500+ running at the speeds of the 3000+ or possibly higher. You could also get the 2100+ running at the same speed as the Barton, but with the extra cache, the Barton would have the higher performance.

Do you have a barton?

you dont notice too much of a difference, not enough to be worth $100 at least

Back