• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

advise whether i did right?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

umarrehman187

ok many of you in my previous posts have stated to purhcase a grpahic card!

instead i thought i was going to spend round about 140ish on it,

instead i bought a gigabyte 880g motherboard and ddr 3 memory,

what do you think?

i think my perfomace gain should be more right?

i made it abit more future proof

Well.... The performance gain is going to be fairly minimal in games, while spending $140 on a gpu would make a huge difference.

but it has ddr 3 memory and the chipset it like 880 lol i will buy the card later on anway

Lolz. "But it has DDR3 memory..." No offense, but you make it seem like you're the only person who does. Oh yeah and guess what, it's not a big deal. I actually can't get anywhere close to the same Super Pi 1m times with DDR3 as I did with horrible DDR2 800. So cpu performance has decreased in Cpu based applications. The gaming has seen no difference what-so-ever.

Long story short, unless you were having issues with your last ram and motherboard, you wasted your money.

Hey dude,9800GTX is rather weak for current Gaming standards unless you SLI it,consider SLI or HD5870,you will find your games a lot more fun:fight:

So we told you to get a GPU for your biggest increase in performance and you go out and buy a mobo and DDR3 ram? Well, I can only say that as far as games, that was probably the worst thing you could have done aside from nothing.

Lolz. "But it has DDR3 memory..." No offense, but you make it seem like you're the only person who does. Oh yeah and guess what, it's not a big deal. I actually can't get anywhere close to the same Super Pi 1m times with DDR3 as I did with horrible DDR2 800. So cpu performance has decreased in Cpu based applications.
Then you may not have done something correct... or its not the memory thats the problem . That and the last sentence is pure BS.

I honestly think you wasted your money on upgrading the ram and mobo when all you really needed was a graphics card. The ram and mobo will bring you next to no performance gain in the game.

I say who honestly cares if you bought a new ram and motherboard? It's not like you are going backwards in quality or performance. Whether or not you "wasted" your money is your business. Can you update your Signature so we know what you have.

If it's a good board then you can upgrade the CPU later as well.

I think i'd be real nervous about that psu :p

Other then that, it looks pretty good to me.

you know i dont even know how good it is, but it seems to be ok, it has two fans, it SAYS it has 750 (who knows)......but it never seems to get too hot and it is not noisy either, btw i bought motherboard and ram mainly because i wanted to make it abit future proof and stay up with the technology...

Well, I guess it can't be all that bad with the OC you've got. :)

The one thing you never know about a PSU is how bad the ripple is. The PSU can look great, run cool, and almost all of them today are fairly safe for stock systems but how clean the power is something only testing will reveal. Ripple is great ice cream (and so-so wine) but when it comes to voltage too much ripple (the voltage fluctuation under load) is never a good thing. This fluctuation won't show up in CPU-Z or anything simple like that, it takes electronic testing equipment ...

Last edited:
Back