• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Aero7 turbine fan

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I personally think that it's a chase in vain to cover that "dead spot" with moving air... since... the air is mostly going to take the easiest route out of that restrictive heatsink anyway, that is the sides, not through the loooong route in the middle. I would *NEVER* trade a factor 3 of CFM just to cover the "dead spot" it simply cannot be worth it.

Paxmax said:
I personally think that it's a chase in vain to cover that "dead spot" with moving air... since... the air is mostly going to take the easiest route out of that restrictive heatsink anyway, that is the sides, not through the loooong route in the middle. I would *NEVER* trade a factor 3 of CFM just to cover the "dead spot" it simply cannot be worth it.

What you just said gives more support to this kind of fan.. You said the air is going to go out to the sides, not the long route through the middle... In other words if you have the deadspot the air is going to go straight out through the sides and hardly cool the middle well at all... if you have a fan design like this air will start in the middle and cool it well.

Well q149, I may add or may not add to the hysteria around centrifugal blowers.

I just say, the dead spot may be smaller but it still a deadspot regardless or fan construction since the air will escape to edges anyway. Going to the edge of heatsink is the easiest path out of it. Wether you use a "propeller fan" or centrifugal fan you still won't "get" the dead spot covered since the laws of physics demand that the most of the air will escape the EASIEST path. Sure you will get to some of the dead spot, but so far you are doing it with a CFM tradeoff. Net result is lower cooling capability.

Just because the air from the blower will strike the middle of heatsink doesn't mean it will saturate the dead spot. The blower will still cool the most at the outer edges of the heatsink.

If you want to get rid of the dead spot you probably must change current heatsink designs. One way is to have air to travel through the whole heatsink from left to right(or vice versa for you nitpickers) and the top being covered (for extruded heatsink designs).

What I would like to see is a airpump with a tube that will deliver it's discharge in the middle of heatsink right above the core, that's how you achive better cooling. Get the tempdifference up, deliver cold air at hottest part of heatsink.

Flaktg01.jpg

It's pretty uncommon to see paddle wheel boats today, wonder why? Could it be because of the propeller?? (Joke :) )

q149 said:
Why don't you log in at newegg and check the progress and track it if it's been shipped

It says it was shipped but I can't find my confirmation E-mail from them.
At this point I don't know what's going on. I'm going to call them when I get home in about an hour or so.

Ussually on that little page theres a tracking # and if you click it it will take you to your shipment on the fedex site

OK it looks like I miss caculated my funds when I ordered this so now I have to wait another couple before I get it. Oops. Watch your CC totals and limits boys!!!

I bet it can't compete with smartfan II anyway.. I might get one of them ducts thoug, i just realized that it would be like a centimeter away from 2 80mm intakes in my case so i bet it would kick *** for me.. also i think it would eliminate the deadspot as well maybe.

Ya, the TT air duct looks like it would work good and about the same. I'm going to get the Areo & anyway and the duct now. Just need to wait a few now so my stuff is freed up again. :( DOH!

oh i didnt know a fan was that easy to mount on a SLK. Yeah the duct is just like mounting a fan. Once i get my SLK im gonna run temps without the duct and with the duct to see if it makes a difference. Also, for all you noise buffs, its suppose to decrease fan noise, which doesnt bother me!

Fans mount too easy on an SLK and I wouldn't see an issue with the duct and fan as a single unit. You can attach the fan to the duct then the duct to the SLK using the clips. Those clips are pretty stout and should hold just fine.

ya but the fan goes on the top right? so then wouldnt you need shorter fan clip things

All the SLK heatsinks come with 2 sets of clips in different lengths and there are a lot of holes to accomodate fan thickness so it shouldn't be an issue if you get the clips in the right holes and use the right length. :D

Back