• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED aerocool Templarius Imperator 1150w any good

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

matt2950

so been looking to upgrade psu and this is one im considering http://www.aerocool.com.tw/power-supply/templarius/415.html

numbers look great 1150w, 80 plus gold, and a huge 85A. it has Over Current, Over Voltage, Over Wattage, Over Temperature and Short-Circuit protection.and i can get if for £110

only problem is the oem is andyson who i hear bad things about but this review on the 750w version say quality looks good (its in russian)

http://megaobzor.com/obzor-i-testy-Aerocool-Templarius-Imperator-750W-rycar-na-belom-kone.html

so just wanted to hear some opinions, or if any1 has had experience with this psu, cant find many reviews or testing. i dont need a psu that will last 5 or more years just need to know if it will do its job properly and safely for as long as i need it

No clue...Andyson was hit or miss IIRC.

That said, why a 1.15KW PSU? If it is for the setup in your signature, a quality 750W PSU will be plenty. 850W+ is overkill.

just for future upgrades really possibly 3 way crossfire and extra hdd's possibly blu ray player in next couple years.

i found Corsair Enthusiast Series TX850 V2 850W in same price range or the hx850 for £20 more. but i think why not get the extra wattage if it's same price. plus the aerocool would look better in my white case but i know that shouldn't be priority lol

Last edited:
HDD's and BR players take up nothing...

The reason I would go lower, is because I have no idea about the quality of that PSU. Hopefully our resident PSU guru will chime in and help us out with that. If its good, then go for it. Otherwise, in our PSU sticky, there are approved 1KW PSU's you can look at.

If a deal looks too good to be true, it probably is.

Aerocool has a long history of selling units that are woefully over-rated (like a 750w that can put out 250w). I wouldn't trust them or that PSU personally.

EDIT:
The review doesn't feature a real load or an oscilloscope, so it's essentially useless. Ignore it.

oh bummer lol shouldn't there be some kind of law against that? false advertising or something?

Yup, sure should. Is, probably.
Nobody tests PSUs but reviewers though, and none of us have the time/money to try to make a charge stick against a company.

No clue...Andyson was hit or miss IIRC.

They also had a nasty habit of sending the 80 Plus people golden samples. Not sure if that's still a problem.

After a while I gave up selling my Andyson built review samples. Especially the higher powered ones. They often didn't hold up too well.

Back