• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

after installing sp2 for xp i cant use dvd shrink

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AL Romero

has anyone else had problems with dvd shrink after installing sp2? i have not been able to use dvd ever since i installed sp2. it keeps saying the disk is encrypted and errors out. and when i open the disk with a my dvd player it still either errors out or freezes my pc.

I remember seeing a list of programs that don't work with SP2, check to see if its on there. Also is the DVD drive being recognized correctly in windows and the bios? Have you changed anything recently?

my dvdshrink still works fine - though with certain discs since sp2 my $20 dvd drive gives me problems and i gotta put em in the sony dvdrw drive, then they work fine.

so its most likely the drive... /firmware/drivers/etc

im not sure what you mean by recongnized by windows. it plays a movie when i put a disc in either one. i have a lite on dvd r/w and a sony dvd/cdr/w and they are both less then 4 months old.

no issues here with DVD Shrink and previous movies made in earlier versions of DVD Shrink and XP SP1.

Do the dvd's work in standalone players?

ya. they work in my pc too. they just dont work with dvd shrink. it says they are encypted and shrink closes the open dvd file. and if i open the dvd with a player and then pause the movie and try and open it in shrink it freezes my pc.

Back