• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

afterburner problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

funsoul

Hi all

Having an issue with msi afterburner on my benching setup. There is no networking installed on that build.

Whenever I try to start afterburner it hangs for a couple seconds then throws an "unable to connect to server" error and closes itself down. Anyone experienced this issue?

Wondering if changing the config file will help. There's this entry:
UpdateCheckingPeriod = 3

Will changing the value to 0 fix this issue? I'm not home or I'd try right now.

If that fails (and if nobody knows a 'fix') what other overclocking app should I use? Not sure if it makes a difference but am running only green team cards atm.

tia!!!!

What GPU are you trying to overclock with Afterburner? I use older versions which haven't ever done this, so I'm guessing you are using a newer version - using an older would be one possible workaround for you.

Interested to hear how to get around this on new versions though.

Hi I.M.O.G.
Right now been running into this issue with the 8800GTX's, GTX 570 and GTX 580 :(

Will try changing that setting in the cfg. If that doesn't work will find/try an older version of afterburner. Any other vga overclocking apps you like (that'll work with NVidia)?

Back