• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Afterfall Insanity (first person horror shooter) for just $1

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sammich

http://www.afterfall-universe.com/en/index

The "idea" is:

The developer is taking donations for an unnamed charity. $1 gets you a CD key to redeem if the developer reaches 10 million pre-orders. If the game reaches 10 million pre-orders 10% of the proceeds go to charity Y. If the game doesn't reach the mark all of the $1 pre-orders go to charity. BUT, what happens if you pre-paid $10? The website clearly states "each extra $1 gets you another CD key", should I expect to pay for 10 copies of the game in November?
~~~
Do we have someone who can read the ToS and figure out bottom line for this whole thing?

.___.

UPDATE: I got in contact with a AI representative, according to them if the game doesn't reach the 10million goal we will have the option of purchasing the full version for a dollar off.

By now we know it's not going to make that goal, so this post is also useless.

Last edited:
Definitely buying this regardless.
Edit: Not sure if by finalizing order they mean just the 1$ preorder, says future so ill send them an email see if i get any response.

iv) "consents to the processing now and in the future by the Administrator and the companies associated with it, and by the Manufacturer any information given during registration data, the purposes of the services available in the shop (finalizing the order)"

Last edited:
iv) "consents to the processing now and in the future by the Administrator and the companies associated with it, and by the Manufacturer any information given during registration data, the purposes of the services available in the shop (finalizing the order)"

Oh wow, and I see they have it set up for "every $1 gets you a key" meaning they plan to charge me for 10 keys in November? I've got to fix this right now.

Well.. I went ahead and requested a new visa card. I don't have the cash flow to pay for 10 copies of this game, one minute I think I am helping out an indie developer that's making a bold move, the next minute I am trying to protect my money.

sad sad world.

Well unless you got an official response from them i'll have to quote your OP..

If the game doesn't reach 10 million pre-orders you can buy the game @ retail price with your dollar discounted.

Key words "You can buy the game"

Well unless you got an official response from them i'll have to quote your OP..

Key words "You can buy the game"

What I said is certainly superseded by the ToS you agree to when you type in your credit card information. I hope it's not true, I do not plan on being charged for 10 copies of this game... but they're so unclear about the whole operation I am starting to get bad feelings about it.

What I said is certainly superseded by the ToS you agree to when you type in your credit card information. I hope it's not true, I do not plan on being charged for 10 copies of this game... but they're so unclear about the whole operation I am starting to get bad feelings about it.

Why not write to them on there contact page and find out?

I'll have to sub this for the email followup. Has anyone read anything regarding what the full price will be and which charity they're giving to?

EDIT:
Found the price, $33.90 including the $1 discount

Last edited:
Wow some marketing tactic, they know they'll never get 10M preorders.

They should a been a bit more clear on this... they don't mean 10 individual (as in one person counts as one preorder no matter what they pay), they mean each dollar counts as a preorder. So... and unless I am misunderstanding this... if you pay 20 bucks, you just got 20 preorders.

That being the case, they have more of a chance to make it.

hears an idea,,, why dont one of you buy 10million copies then the rest of us can have our $1copies :D

ps: remember its for a good cause ;)

Back