• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AI suite, Fan expert 2 help!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lord Lorenzo

Registered
so I have my two noctua 2000rpm fans plugged into the pmw plug on my motherboard via a splitter...I have set a fan curve in the AI suite fan expert tool, and all seems fine until I start pushing the CPU and the fans go crazy and fire up even when the temps are not being pushed!? am I missing something here?? fan expert screen shot.jpg

That is a screen shot of initial load...the dot shots up straight away and speeds my fans up way before hitting the desired temp to fan percentage...shall I post another of it underload for some time?

35°C is not a load temperature unless you're massively overcooled.
Load pictures as in a load on the system. Think Prime95 here.

Also, what is the system specs? Look at my sig for an example of what you should list.

cpu underload.jpg

Processor: Intel Core i7-3770K

Motherboard: Asus P8 Z77-V LX

Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2133 MHz DDR3 -32GB

Graphics card: Zotac GTX 980TI Amp Edition

Power supply: Super Flower Leadex 850 watt 80 plus platinum

Primary storage: Samsung 850 EVO -1TB

Secondary storage: Western Digital Caviar Black -1TB

CPU cooler:Corsair H60 + 2X Noctua NF-F12 in push-pull

Case: Fractal Design Define R3
The Stealth Rig low.jpg

Last edited:
Tbh the connections dont seem to plug into the fans nice and tight

Attachments

• 1439374117408.jpg
    1439374117408.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 59
  • 1439374131806.jpg
    1439374131806.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 56
  • 1439374140444.jpg
    1439374140444.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 60
How many cables does it have going to each fan?
I can't quite tell by the online listings.

It says in that last write up one has 4 and the other 3 to prevent confusing signals.
You wouldn't happen to have corsair link installed would you? The two softwares could interfere with each other.

Well only one fan speed is reported back to the board, which is fine if they're both on your cooler because they'll get the same voltage. I've never used fan expert TBH but what if you set them to cycle up slowly would that make a difference. I also have to ask if there is any other monitoring software installed such as HWMonitor or HWinfo etc....

It says in that last write up one has 4 and the other 3 to prevent confusing signals.
You wouldn't happen to have corsair link installed would you? The two softwares could interfere with each other.

It says that, but the picture almost looks like there's a sense wire on both :-/

I set the reaction speed to slow and its fine up untill it hits 46c and then the fans hit 100% so fuckin annoying... Ive got stuff like cpu-z, msi afterburn..

Back