• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AIO Tinkering

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

matn85

I had an H60 for my current build and it was working pretty well on my OC's X4 860K. I think picked up an H100i locally on the cheap, but the pump died (I killed it accidentally) and I was pretty bummed. Then I had an idea that would satisfy my burning desire to have a custom loop without the hundreds of dollars that would cost. So I decided to splice the two together! Not terribly difficult in hindsight, and absolutely fun!

If/when this abomination dies, leaks, or otherwise ****s the bed, I'm looking into the CM S524 Ver.2 since that's about the only aftermarket air cooler that will fit this MB.

This was all done because I have fun tinkering and breaking/fixing things. Any comments or questions just let me know!

Also, the gpu is at 4.4ghz and hits 50C after about 15mins on prime95.

First in the H100i with the dead pump.

34ry52r.jpg

Next is the residue from the rubber compression collars (what I call them) on the cpu block/pump. I'm guessing this was an older unit to start degrading like that.

10xubl1.jpg

I cut the tubing close to the block fitting and drained it into a cup to be reused later. Cup was thrown away afterwards.

2mmfnys.jpg

I used 120 grit sandpaper (highest grit I had on hand) to lightly rough up the finish, then applied 3 or 4 coats of black spray paint, then another 4 of clear coat.

a4o0tk.jpg

23rwgmf.jpg

Next the measuring and fitting. This was all done by eye.

29zr0hl.jpg

T-fitting for the fillport purchased at Home Depot ($3 I think).

2vkb8rd.jpg

CPU: "My body is ready!"

9lk0fk.jpg

Test fitting...

i6ld8z.jpg

Unlike Jesse Ventura, I have time to bleed! Sorry, watched Predator too many times growing up...

28kscn7.jpg

Thar she blows! The finished product :rock:

14ng5zs.jpg

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu, if we are hacking, why not hack the h60 rad into the system also?
yes, I do quite a bit of that myself......

I might do that yet. If I get a gpu block I'll throw the H60 rad in there. For right now though I dont have enough tubing and clamps. Performance PCs is about a 20min drive from me, so whenever I do decide to expand I can get what I need pretty quick!

You can actually just pull and swap the pump motors on these. I have done a couple at work.

Good to know for future projects!

- - - Updated - - -

And thank you everyone else, again this was just done to play around and tinker. Always good to have positive feedback from the community :)

Back