• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Air Flow

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Brian430s

Registered
The plan was to build a new setup using the Phanteks Enthoo Primo in white. But after reading way too many complaints of poor customer support and damaged product I decided to go with a Mercury S8 from CaseLabs. I have also purchased the pedestal and this is where the radiators for the GPUs will be kept.

In the pedestal will be 2 360 rads parallel to each other. I don't believe it will be necessary to run the rads in push/pull, so there will only be one row of fan on each. The question is about the direction of the fans.

1. A cross flow, meaning one rad pulling in fresh air then through the case and out through the other radiator to the outside. (kind of like this idea the best)
2. Both pulling in fresh air.
3. Fresh air coming in the front and exiting through the radiators to the outside. (this seems like the worst scenario to me)

All opinions are welcome & appreciated, thank you.

Attachments

• case.jpg
    case.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 111
The plan was to build a new setup using the Phanteks Enthoo Primo in white. But after reading way too many complaints of poor customer support and damaged product...
No idea where you found that info but as an owner of Enthoo Primo and follower of several owner / club forum threads the consensuses is Phanteks has very good customer support.

As for airflow I would vote for 1, but it's hard to say; on radiator will be using the warmed air from the other. 2 depends a lot vent airflow; will the exhaust vents flow enough air to exhaust the airflow of 6 fans.

Could you test different configurations to see which is best?

Last edited:
doyll, Thank you for responding. And I am glad to hear that you are not having problems and are happy with the Phanteks case.

I can certainly try different fan configurations and I agree with what you said about warmer air from the first rad going across the second. One of the reasons I like this configuration is I plan to mount the pump to the ceiling between the two rads. It will be a swiftech MCP35X2 with the heatsink on the bottom. So as the air flows it will also help cool the pump.

If both rads are sucking fresh air in I believe that there is enough venting through the main case. (the pedestal is not completely sealed from the main case) Though I do feel that both rads would be working against each other.

As long as you have similar exhaust vent area to intake vent area and are getting cool air to intake vents you should be golden.

Back