• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Air pressure causing fittings to leak

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

timesavage

Trying to figure out how to fix this. I just revamped my water loop and added a fill spout . Everytime I drain and refill the air pressure inside the res causes the res seal and one fitting seal to leak. When I release the air pressure from the pour spout, its all good. How do I keep everything sealed up with no pressure and no leaks.

2 x Swiftech MCP355
Bitspower 150 res
EK blue coolant
Monsoon fittings
Clear tubing
EK CPU and GPU blocks

Thanks, sorry I haven't posted in a while, appriciate the help

something is screwy here.
when you heat something it expands, is a sealed system that makes pressure.
you need to work on that fitting, the seal is bad, the tube is deformed where it installs to the fitting, something like that is going on, there is very little pressure in the system.

Simple: grease.

My res leaked right out of the box, a bit of grease on the O-ring fixed it perfectly.
I have the Bitspower Acrylic Z 100 res ;)

Anything that leaks like a fitting, I either replace the seal or replace the whole fitting. If its recently purchased, just call in for a replacement.

I have personally run into some compatibility issues with monsoon fittings, make sure the fitting is threading in all the way.

Back