• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Airflow query with Noctua NH-D14 Dual Radiator

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Will setup the signiture as soon as I get a second:

Minimum requirements to run are below:

CPU:

Intel Core i3-530 @ 2.93 GHz / AMD Phenom II X4 810 @ 2.60 GHz

CPU Speed:

Info

RAM:

6 GB

Windows 7 64-Bit / Windows 8 64-Bit / Windows 8.1 64-Bit

Video Card:

NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450 (1 GB) or AMD Radeon HD 5870 (1 GB)

Sound Card:

Yes

Free Disk Space:

55 GB

Reccommended are here:

CPU:

Intel Core i5-2500K @ 3.30GHz

CPU Speed:

Info

RAM:

8 GB

Windows 7 64-Bit / Windows 8 64-Bit / Windows 8.1 64-Bit

Video Card:

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 (4 GB)

Sound Card:

Yes

Free Disk Space:

55 GB

So I'm at least out a bit on CPU, RAM and GPU. But the GPU isn't that old so I don't really want to be replacing that any time soon.

So here's when I hadn't changed anything after a few minutes of gameplay and stuttering:

Card1_zpshf9wqxxn.png

Then I set everything to low and tried again. It took a few seconds for the stuttering to stop but it did eventually get to a playable state. Here's a screenshot of after 20minutes of gameplay:

Card2_zpshtqdistl.png

Also tried Single Player with lowering the settings and that seemed to help as well. I'm guessing this means I need a newer more powerful card?

He's what I interpret from those 2 screen shoots. Mind you I'm no expert but I'll offer my opinion.

Long story.
1. There seems to be some form of throttling with the detail level set to high. You can see the drop in core, memory and gpu load about a 1/4 into the bar.

2. Max temp appears to be in the 70c range which is very good. No need to replace the TIM or search for improved cooling method (WC). Your fans are sitting between 35-40% which is probably decent for noise levels. My GTX460 became what I consider loud at around 50%. Of course every cooler type is different.

3. You GPUv seem high at 1.175v assuming your running stock clocks however temps are in check. It's really a non issue here unless you want to lower your fan noise you might be able to tweeking these.

Short story.
Assuming you're still at stock clock you can either.

1. Play at the lower settings.
2. OC the GPU to see if it gives you what you need to play at high settings.
3. Buy a new card.

Leave all settings on low, but turn shadows back up to high.
Test again.

I probably wont Overclock it since it works fine for every other game so I'm a slight bit annoyed it doesn't perform as well on Advanced Warfare.

Im guessing OCing the CPU wont help at all?

Also the first screenshot was taken a few seconds after in game and settings on high. Should I try again after a 10 or 15 minutes of play and post another?

Also, a bit unrelated but whats a good amount of time for testing on load and best program to use? OCCT? Prime 95 etc?

I did a 30 minute medium data test and it maxed at about 50-51c. (CPU that is)

Last edited:
See my above post. I'm pretty sure you're being CPU limited, which is what I'm trying to test.

If that's the case then OCing the CPU would help.

Thanks ATMINSIDE. I'm not at home right now but I'll give that a try when I can and post back with results.

Also create your signature. I can't remember what your CPU is. I know it's in here somewhere, but.

Top right of page click on settings.

Left side of page third box down is my settings. click edit signature.

Also unrelated. FYI if you click settings it will show you all your subscribed threads that have replies since your last visit. Very useful. :thup:

Sweet. I've added it in now so hopefully it works. Don't have time to test with shaders on tonight so I'll give it a go tomorrow after work.

Running at 1920 x 1080 res on HDMI. One monitor. I don't have the exact name and model of the monitor but I can find this out later and post back if needed.

Sorry for the delay again. I ended up trying with shadows on high and everything off and it still seemed playable. I've since tried playing with everything on low again and it didn't appear to stutter at all.

I guess I'm happy to mark this thread and solved.

Back