• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Albatrron PX845PEV Pro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
They sent the same board back. (I had removed to foam from the NB heatsink to make sure they sent me my board back before I sent it off). If you are looking at the IS7, newegg has it refurbished for $81, in stock now too. Almost the same price as a new 845PEV Pro. The only difference in the refurb, is that it doesn't come with the drivers (which can be downloaded from abit), IDE cable, the back I/O sheild (which can be bought from Abit also for $5, not a real factor though), and the 4 port USB.

EDIT: For $4 more, you can get the IC7 refurb.

OooPs

Homer said:
i purchased a refurb abit BH-7 till i get my board repaired :D so ill have 2 P4 rigs for gaming and ripping :D
what kind of burner are u running? i have the Yamaha 20x10x40 IDE CDR/W :)

Sorry, Homer Yamaha F1~44x.

I don't mess with refurb mobo's ~not to say refurbs are bad, I wouldn't know -Except that for few tiny $$ you get the 'basics' plus warrenty, for the new stuff.

I wish Summer vacation was over, so I can get on & spend a few $$$; right now I'm sharing all my $$ with 8 teens..*sigh*.

No offence to any teens around here, but dang I can't seem to catch a few of my own bucks for anything; seems 'they' have found there favourite nest & I can't get them to leave..:rolleyes:

Cheers

Re: *Sigh*

KiwiRack said:

I checked the usual stuff -Changed out the cables, changed from 2ndry primary to slave; checked DMA support -Ran it on two different HD's, one with XP Pro & the other with Win2k Pro..No dice! Got to be the mobo? Course I'm open to any other ideas.

I had many problems with IAA(intel application accelerator) and once I uninstalled it my system was more stable and none of those ide problems.
Could be IAA causing the problem?

Got my chip today. I thought it was gonna be a SL6LA (thats what the guy told me). Turns out it's an SL66Q, oh well. It still hit 2.7GHz right off the bat. IM going to let it set here for a while, I also have some ceramique on the way.

I'm running at 2.9Ghz right now. DDR402. The memory is holding me back I'm pretty sure. I can use setfsb to hit 3Ghz but it will black screen at random. Do any of you have AGP fast writes or side-band addressing enabled on your motherboard? How do you enable it?

Take it off

Don't use fast writes, don't cache.

You are at the limit, bearing in mind every chip / mobo will give a slightly different result, CPU could not go much more anyway ~Hey that's a pretty fair result! What DDR are you using? With the 2.66 chip & Twinmos I got up to DDR428, but need some extra cooling to keep it stable; that 512meg chip cost a bundle as well....

Been a while since I been here. You guys still hangin and bangin with the Alby? Yeah, me too.
But I'm considering a springdale now. Maybe the Abit IS7.

Hiya Kiwi!! How ya doing?

You want me to disable L2 cache kiwi? I'm using Kingston ValueRam PC2700 CAS 2.5. It's running at DDR 400 (2.5, 5, 3, 2). I had to get the beta bios because the stock bios only had 1.50x and 2.66x with the beta I got 2x, 2.5, 2.66, which helped out alot.

No, wrong one

NiTrO bOiE

I forgot you ended up waiting on a non functioning mobo, thought at one point you had the beta BIOS loaded, I see there is another listed on the Albatron site, though I'm sticking with the beta. You could up the voltage (if you have decent cooling, around or on the DDR chip) & get a little more, but there is nothing bad with 400 on that chip; I would not be happy with anything under 400 though.

No, wrong one you leave that enabled. Go to Advanced chipset and disable System BIOS cache, Video and memory hole. Also (just in case) if you have a 128meg video card ~include that in the AGP portion (AGP 128).

I broke & fractured my arm, so I'll have to wait a wee bit before I can get into a new rig -IS7 was where I was headed too. But dang take a look at Aces results here (Anomaly)....>>>>

Look @ the Forum Nitro & Anomaly

Cheers

Last edited:
Kiwi, those settings were already disabled by deafault. I've got to reinstall XP because it won't let me download stuff and I hate using netscape. I've downloaded the fix for it, but it still didn't fix it. Oh well. Here's a pic of my system. See how I put the floppy cable UNDER the mothboard? Alot cleaner than putting it in the front of it to block my fans. Check out the size of my monster DELTAs :drool:. Oh yeah, the reason why I only have a ram sink on 2 of the memory chips on the card is because the rest of them wouldn't fit, and I don't have anything to cut them in half with.
Oh yeah, those two PCI slots aren't open, there is packing tape keeping it sealed. I don't have any more silver PCI covers to cover it.

computer inside.JPG

Hi Guys

I know i should not put this here but i see you guys like albatron boards so maybe you would be interested in one that i have for sale which is the PX845PE PRO II Price is $ 50.00 only used for a couple of months comes complete in retail box here is my email:
[email protected]

Albatron

NiTrO bOiE

Ah, a pic ~You are definetly going to need cooling on that NB - Here, again.....This mobo throws out 26% more heat off the NB, this will affect any OC you do.

Alabatron mobo 1st Pic

Packing tape, any reason? Actually even though I have a 'window' I never close the case in, it's always open.

Had the same problem the 1st time I set XP up ~Fix for me was making sure the time in the BIOS is the same as the XP desktop time.

HUmmm...Advanced Chipset was not @ default disabled, for System cache nor was the AGP=128; set the temp=32.

This thread is getting hard to keep up with, you are welcome to go here & start your Albatron thread:

CheersAnother Intel

Last edited:
anomaly - yeah still got the alby, but just because it's already there, not because I want it.

misterman87 - it's funny that you mentioned that we like albatron boards. Funny, because I sincerely hope that anyone who looked through the latter part of this thread would not buy an albatron if paid to do so. No offense, I just don't want another one.

NiTrO bOiE - KiwiRack is right, NB cooling is a must. It tends to get very hot.

As for the official 110 bios, I loaded it....and well I think they just took the B off 110B, so much for that...

My NB temps are fine since the V7+ exaust is flowing over it, I thought about buying a 40mm fan to put on it, but I was going to look at my temps without it first, and if they were high then I would get one. My temps are 42C CPU 39C northbridge. Ok Kiwi. I will fix the time to see if that helps. Also are any of you using the onboard sound? The bass and treble options are grayed out. Oh well I'll just see if I can find a soundblaster live for under 20 on ebay.

Yes, to Sound

I run onboard sound with Logitech z speakers without any problem, sound is great. Make sure it's enabled in the BIOS and just as an aside I disabled USB 2, I use a USB 1 optical mouse.

Remember the load sequence as well....You don't need to waste money on a SB.

Nitro ~You must put cooling on that NB.

The temp reads are unreliable, it's a very well known FAQ that the NB must be cooled.

Think you will find the XP 'fix' with regards time will work.

ShaDrag Lolol.....But we still support it, I won't here any longer as I have a responsibilty in the other forum ~not to say I'm giving up OC forums, I'm not at all -Just on the Albatron support; so Nitro go there and post your questions ;) Yes, I looked at the '110' and thus did not load it; the codes the same. Good to see you are still around.

Anomaly, about time you showed up:D You need to email me friend, you been under a stone?

Cheers

I tried the time fix, and I still get the same error. Oh well, I'll just have to reinstall it. I'm 100% positive my NB temps are fine. I have ceramique, plus removed all of the foam and lapped the sucker. My temps aren't gonna get any lower.

EDIT: Oh yeah, Im using Z340z and when I had them hooked up to the SB it had A LOT more bass than what they are pushing now.

Try it again

The Net & XP...Is a time issue unless you have your ISP messed up~TCP et al; which is very unlikely with XP. OR/ you are trying to use the onboard NIC, which on a lot of these mobo's, does not work!

Your temps are not fine, without cooling the NB.

ShaDrag said:
NiTrO bOiE - KiwiRack is right, NB cooling is a must. It tends to get very hot.

As for the official 110 bios, I loaded it....and well I think they just took the B off 110B, so much for that...

I find mine OK with just the passive HS but then again, I am only running at 170FSB.

The official 110 BIOS has quite a lot of different lines from the 110B, I did a file compare betw the 2 but never got around to flash it as I don't think it (or Albatron) would ever fix the Kingston BH5 compatibility issue.

Back