• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

All in one mod

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mudajama

So I have a Swiftech mcr320 just sitting around from an old build. My pump died and I have no cpu block. So I was thinking about getting one of these all in one systems with the pump integrated into the block. Then just swapping out the radiator and putting my monster in place. I see no issue with this other than flow rate issues. Flow specs on the pumps are scarce. And the nice part is if the pump die's I guess I could just use another pump and still keep block with the dead pump. Has anyone herd of this (sure you have) and have any experince or suggestions.
P.S.
On a tight budget. <~~~~~ Married

I don't know about using another pump with a dead pump in the line. That would cause a lot of flow resistance. Unless you popped it open and removed the impeller, but then it may not go back together, or if it does it may develop a leak afterward. You'd be better off just to go ahead and get a pump and a CPU block. You might be able to find cheaper used parts in the classified section here.

I honestly don't know; I haven't looked into them much.
I wouldn't really recommend using an AIO as a direct replacement for custom loop parts.

There is a Corsair h100i in the classifieds for $80. The one aluminum part is the radiator as far as I can tell, so swapping it for a real rad would be a given to me...I'm fairly sure the tubing is smaller, so you'll need barbs for your radiator, and possibly some longer tubing too. It doesn't look as if you can swap the barbs out on the Corsair block/pump, so you'll be stuck with the existing tubing size (not a real worry, I use 1/4" ID tube myself, works great).
You might also need a t-line in there to fill and bleed the system, don't forget that.

I'd say give it a go...been married, and I get the budget issue...toys for kids are everywhere, toys for Dad are freaking rare!

I mean don't those all in ones have good size lifetimes

If you open the seal loop of a AIO, you will void the warranty. If you want, read up the water cooling stickies and grab a beginners kits for $150 with all the parts included for a CPU only loop while having the ability to add to it or upgrade down the line if you choose to. XSPC EX 750

The only thing I would change though from that kit is the tubing for a few bucks more to PrimoChill Advanced LRT.

Hope this helps.

or just bite the bullet and buy an Apogee MCR CPU block with integrated pump
http://www.swiftech.com/apogeedrive2.aspx

Any other solution with separate blocks & pumps & res & tubing will be more expensive unless you find these things cheat & use garden hose
2nd Hand AIO's do not fill me with more confidence as new AIO's

Back