• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Almost too pretty to open.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hawk,
Are you using this for something other than folding, too? I've been looking for single CPU boards because 40 lanes of Gen4/5 is just about all you can effectively utilize on a single machine IMO (cooling and power dependent of course) but the pickings for UP boards are far slimmer than DP.

Hawk,
Are you using this for something other than folding, too? I've been looking for single CPU boards because 40 lanes of Gen4/5 is just about all you can effectively utilize on a single machine IMO (cooling and power dependent of course) but the pickings for UP boards are far slimmer than DP.
For now it will just be folding, I might do something else later. :thup:

For now it will just be folding, I might do something else later. :thup:
Carry on, then! Do keep us updated if you end up hanging any other services off of it.

I'm in a similar boat with my main folding rig. Need to update my thread to document what all is going on with it, but I'm a little embarrassed, to be honest.
It's an unmanaged mess that is one failed NVMe/broken windows install away from needing hours of rebuild and troubleshooting to get back to square 0, but it serves my needs exactly how I need it to right now.

Back