• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Alternative 9800XT Cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I installed my new pelt project today. I can run my 9800xt articfact free @481/400. Before the mod with the Arctic Cooling Silencer I could only do 459/391 artifact free. My setup is a T.T. "Slim" volcano 10 with a 80w TEC & AS5.

Attachments

• dscn0063.jpg
    dscn0063.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 524
Last edited:
"Overkill" is one of my favorite things to do! :D If you look at the edge of my card you can see the "bow" that the tightening screws put in it...Heh! I thought I could hear my card sqweal when I was tightening the pelt/hsf on it.:p

Heres another shot of it.

Attachments

• dscn0062.jpg
    dscn0062.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 518
Wow, you guys keep amazing me! :eek:

Don't ya' think those PCI slots are there for a reason... to be used? :p

I think the manufacturers of mobos should find a better position of the PCI slots because when you get good cooling for your card, you can't use them...

Damn you and ur 9800XT :(

I wish I had the cash for one of those. However I know ur weakness, unrelentless modding. Thus I will have my revenge now ;) :

Ya know its would be really awesome if u used an SP97 and a pelt using a tornado.

Now that, my friend, is overkill :sn:

Tyberius said:

Oh ya, all about the superglue baby!

postcount = postcount +1 :p

So true i have my 60mm fan on my stock amd hs superglued. Hasnt fell off. It it does my 9700pro is gone, but it wont fall off. That stuff can hold bricks together :p

Zoltan

Okay, heres some pictures of my mods I've done so far.
XTFront.JPG

XTtop.JPG

XTx2.JPG

Hehe thats a pretty site. Pair O XTs

w00t, all voltmods in place, broke 25,000 on 3dmark2k1. Lookin to be about 56,000 on Aquamark. Voltmods helped sooooo much but now i need better cooling! already added a 2nd radiator and 2x120mm fans to that...hmmm....

Could you please point me to a place with 9800XT mods ??? My won't do more than 420/370 with stock cooling so... You know the drill :)

Much thanks, looks like the website i got em from is out of stock now though....hehe perhaps i had something to do with that? I'd like to think so.

Only happen to have pictures of my extra radiator without the 2 extra 120mm fans i added. The radiator is now sandwiched between 2x80mm tornadoes and 2x120mm fans....moves ALOT of air. And yes, the radiator is mounted with zip ties :D
Radiator.JPG

Back