• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Alternative 9800XT Cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That whole rig looks sick dude, good job especially with the 20mm fans thats a very good idea!

Heres a few more....
This is the front of my system
Cortana2.jpg

Heres another motherboard I did with all the mods done on it...used smaller pots on this one.

Athlon64-2.JPG

sorry for the size of these....
Athlon64.JPG

Do you think that the 25x10 mm fans would be too big for the ram sinks? Since I looked at the website but like u said they were still out of stock.......yet I would like to have some active cooling on my bga ram :).

Also I noticed that the fans were 5vdc and the reg molex connectors are 12vdc.........so where did u hook them up?

I dunno man, the 20mm fans I used were bigger than the ramsinks, as you can see on the top shot. So 25mm might be too big, I think the core of em would completely cover up the ramsinks, makin em useless in getting any air moving through them. And btw, PSU connectors have a 12v and a 5v rail, the yellow is 12, the red is 5v so theres no problem hookin em up. :D

Very nice rig & OC setup Tyberius!:clap: :clap: :clap:

BTW, I just bought 12 40mm fans and am planning on putting them on my vid card ram sinks. One will fit perfectly on 2 ram sinks with the hub (dead spot) covering the gap between the 2 sinks. The air is forced straight down the fins on both ram sinks.

jamesavery22 is selling them here in the classifides.

Go get some...he has 41 left.:D

Much appreciated. Thats a very good idea! The hub is small enough on those fans, that the blades themselves hang on and over the edges of the sinks. I didnt think it would work all that well, but I get excellent airflow coming through them, I can actually feel it by holding my hand over the top of the card. Very impressive results. Those fans and a volt mod got me many mhz, my max is 840mhz with little or no artifacts...(some in 3dmark, none noticable in actual games)

I need colder temps to go any further. Phase Change is nice and all, but its kinda expensive....I'm thinking I'm gonna build myself a chiller unit with a cheap AC unit I saw at the store. That would mean I would have to start from scratch on the liquid cooling system though, and move this Koolance system elsewhere... I've seen some amazing temperatures from some very cheap homemade units. Using pure alcohol as liquid, I've seen -20C temps....which should help greatly in getting my CPU and GPU speeds up.

Back