• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Alternative to this £50 fan?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
light (sewing) machine oil like this:

17746.1L.jpg

Or a more modern equivalent :)

However since its a maglev... the approach might be slightly different. Normally you peel back the sticker and pop the central hub/axle/bearing stop/cover (carefull with the popping, its only a few millimeters; drop it, you loose it)

Then apply a drop (or two), let it "soak in" for a while. Turn gently by hand a few times, top up and reseal.

With a a maglev, i"m not sure if there actually IS access when you peel away the sticker. Normally, with a maglev you use compressed air (lots of it) to get it as "clean" as possible.

Note: resist the temptation to use the compressed air to spin the fan at insane revs. Doing so will turn it into a dynamo and will do some damage :)

I was going to say just put a plug in GPU in a PCIe slot but after seeing what this thing looks like, I can see there is no PCIe slots anywhere :rofl: Best bet is pay for the part from ASRock, you don't want to break anything.

Back