• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Am I safe to overclock with this PSU/Setup?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jerrod20

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1COhr
The GTX 760's are the factory super-clocked versions
As far as temps go right now I'm running at about 36-38 degrees C on the CPU when I'm not gaming and about 33C on the first graphics card and 28-31 on the second when not gaming. Im just concerned that my PSU isn't strong enough to over-clock my CPU and have these two cards in SLI.

Check this list. Grab a 750W from there.

Also, go modular, you'll thank yourself later.

I have that setup already would the PSU I listed be strong enough to OC or should I wait until I can afford to buy a different one?

I have that setup already would the PSU I listed be strong enough to OC or should I wait until I can afford to buy a different one?

Yeah, that PSU should be fine. I thought you were asking what PSU to get :p

Not the best quality in the world, but its not a cheap POS either. IIRC, the internals are the same as the OCZ ZS power supplies, which are pretty good units.

Thanks for the speedy reply and sorry for the confusion :p I figured it would be alright but once I added that second 760 in SLI I figured I should play it safe and ask someone more experienced than me. Thanks again

Back