• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AM2 mobo w/adjustable Multi for CPU on a budget

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tweakx

Registered
Need an AM2 mobo with adjustable multi setting in bios for black edition x2 5000.Budget board with decent OC settings,maybe even PCI bus Lock. Please Help.:bang head I'm not new to the idea of OC'ing just on a tight budget.Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. So thanks in advance.
TweakX

GIGABYTE GA-MA770-UD3 Newegg has this board right now for $65 after MIR. I'm currently using the GA-MA770-DS3 with a 5000+ BE and it's so simple to OC with it. I've hit 3.2 stable with my board and don't see why your results couldn't compare with something like this.

Well, that Abit board has integrated graphics whereas the Gigabyte board does not. I generally stay away from boards that have integrated graphics if I'm going to be adding my own gfx card.

I don't have much experience with Abit boards but I don't generally hear about them being bad products. I noticed that the specs don't say if the PCI-E x16 is 2.0 or not but that might be an issue for you later on down the road.

Gigabyte lists the board I recommended as being compatible with the newer Phenom II X3's and X4's so you should be able to upgrade in the future after the 5000+ BE serves its purpose.

abit has stopped their mb buisness,i have an ax78 and couldnt get any kind of support from them at all.i ended up buying a new bios chip from biosdepot on ebay,long story short,Don't buy abit mobo you wont have any warranty or support .

Any decent 780G or 770 board by Asus, gigabyte should be fine. You know you can use software to up the multiplier on the chip without having to use the bios. This is helpful when using OEM machines where the manufacture locks all O/Cing setting within the bios.

is there one thats just a little cheaper gotta build this slow. around 75 shipped. I know that ain't much but I just can't squeeze any more out of my budget.Thanx for advice on the abit!!

If you're building this slow then just wait until you have the few more dollars to spend on that Gigabyte. I can't see you being disappointed with it (unless it arrives DOA).

kraven, I have a crappy graphics card X1300 is there a decent one for OC that has onboard graphics as I am in a bad spot.The mobo I have now has agp and the x1300 is pci-e.I just need to be able to change the multi in the bios.
Can't play SOF Payback :(

Kraven, you've convinced me to buy the gigabyte board.one question though will it support the x2 5000 BE right out of the box? I'll upgrade the gfx card in a 2-3 months.Thanx for all the help guys.

It'll support it right out of the box. It might need a BIOS flash to run the newest processors but it's not that difficult.

Back