• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

am3+ on SB850 Chipset crosshair iv formula

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Internet is being stupidly slow today, not sure why, so I can't check the link but yes, IIRC they released an AM3+ BIOS. Check the CPU list anyway.

yes it will support it with a bios update.
update the bios first then replace the cpu.

After the BIOS update you may notice that the CPU does not run full speed.
I believe enabling/disabling Turbo in bios does not do anything either.

To get it to work properly, Overdrive must be installed and run at startup, you have to check and uncheck the Turbo Multiplier option to fix it. :(

After the BIOS update you may notice that the CPU does not run full speed.
I believe enabling/disabling Turbo in bios does not do anything either.

To get it to work properly, Overdrive must be installed and run at startup, you have to check and uncheck the Turbo Multiplier option to fix it. :(

That's good to know :thup: I have the extreme but have not run a fx in it yet, I presume its the same for that? I probably won't run one in it but its good to find this stuff out just incase. Cheers beep

That's good to know :thup: I have the extreme but have not run a fx in it yet, I presume its the same for that? I probably won't run one in it but its good to find this stuff out just incase. Cheers beep
I believe it's the same way.
We kinda got screwed over by ASUS, unless they released a later beta very recently.

caddi man it was really helpfull thanks mann butt one thing:mad: where to get the right bios update? that would be nice to know before i **** up the system hehe

caddi man it was really helpfull thanks mann butt one thing:mad: where to get the right bios update? that would be nice to know before i **** up the system hehe

I never ever trust someone else to look for a bios for me. Go to the Asus website and look for supported cpus for the board and then for the FX series and likely there you will find a link to the beta bios. You need to find the correct bios update and not depend on some forum member to do it for you. He might fall asleep at the wheel, but you have a vested interest in getting the correct bios.

Back