• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AM4+ Socket / ZEN

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mistilz

I dont know much about PC's, but, I have been doing a lot of research lately and trying to learn.
But my current question is with AMDs upcoming release of the new AM4 sockets and its ZEN CPU. Are there any mobos currently with am4 sockets. Or do I have to wait for them to release the ZEN cpu and the new motherboards?

I guess that's why Intel is delaying Kaby Lake premiere till next year even though samples are around the web for 2 months already and laptops based on 7000 series are in the stores for over a month.
Rumours say that we will see both at CES in January but hard to say when they will hit the stores. Knowing AMD it will be late Feb. They will lose again because of their stupid moves. Competition always waits for their move as they're not in a hurry having most of the market ( I mean Intel and Nvidia ). The same story for about 10 years.

I guess that's why Intel is delaying Kaby Lake premiere till next year even though samples are around the web for 2 months already and laptops based on 7000 series are in the stores for over a month.
Rumours say that we will see both at CES in January but hard to say when they will hit the stores. Knowing AMD it will be late Feb. They will lose again because of their stupid moves. Competition always waits for their move as they're not in a hurry having most of the market ( I mean Intel and Nvidia ). The same story for about 10 years.

A sad, but accurate, assessment. They really need to pop something good on the market ahead of schedule and expectations.

Back