• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD 1950X overclocking question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BruceUSA

hello all.

AMD 1950X , Gigabyte X399 AORUS GAMMING 7 TR4 MBO. I overclocked to 4GHZ at 1.35V running stable and I am happy at that. I have not try to go any higher. But what I have see other, this cpu seem to be the norm at around 3.9-4.1 ghz. My question is should I try to go higher around 4.2-4.3ghz, it is possible? I want your opinion. Of course I am running a custom watercooled with NEO Raystorm water block.

You can try it, but I doubt you'll reach 4.2-4.3 GHz with that chip. Just remember 1.45V is definitely as far as you want to push, even then longevity is in question.

I have just gotten my first 1950x up and running on the slab.
what I am finding is only about a 1-1.2 percent gain in performance, at best, per 100 mgz under win10 so you might think about weather any higher is of any value over the longer term.
I'll be testing under linux soon and hope to see better gains with that.
I have also found that higher ram speeds, up to 2666, from 2133 give me a little but nothing to write home about and that ram timing gives me about nothing.

Thanks for your inputs. I am going leave it at 1.35v at 4ghz . Probably not worth the time to mess with it. I am running at default tridentz rgb 3200mhz. . My gigabyte x399 support ram up to 3600mhz. Maybe I can try to up the ram speed.

You wont reach 4.2 ghz anyway... ryzen doesnt really do that.

As far as pushing.. thats up to you, not us.. i say go for 4.1...we are overclockers.com

I am not going to bother going higher. Stay at 4ghz and happy with it.

Back