• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD 2600 Barton 266mhz M with MSI KT7 Turbo2 HELLLLLLLLP!!!! ;)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

boomer36

I found a thread here once and have not been able to locate it again.

Mobo- MSI KT7 turbo 2 MSI, Award BIOS 3.6 (latest for my board and is supposed to support the AMD 2600 266mhz.)

Processor is AMD 2600 barton 266mhz Mobile

Problem: Bios 13x, 1.5 volts clock 133, maximum speed I've achieved is 1.666 ghz :bang head but the system is stable. (above 13x clock drops to 600mhz) I've read posts stating that with this mobo and cpu combo guys have achieved in excess of 2ghz and have stability.

Another problem and FYI: Playing with BIOS and arguing with now ex girlfriend simultaneously is NOT a good idea thus, I somehow hit optimal defaults and hit enter with that pesky Y instead of N while engaging in a spirited discourse with the aforementioned heart donor....... :argue:

ANY help would be appreciated... and of course I will be able to laugh this off someday just as you probably are now.... but that will be sometime after I get this remedied... and my CD's back.

Any guidance and settings will be most appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited:
Hey Thanks, I'd seen that post and read the thread... It was for a 2500...and I was hoping that it didnt apply to the 2600, MSI TS told me prior to buying the 2600/266 that there were no compatibility issues. I also saw a post to that thread about using conductive paint in lieu of the wire loop, any thoughts on that approach?

Again, thanks for replying and I'll look into the wire loop trick again in more depth. I was hoping that it would turn out to be a bios setting. It's been three years since i Built this machine, just trying to breathe a little more life into it. Thanks for the post and I'll let you know what happens.

Thanks!

Back