• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD 3+ Heatsink and Fan Recommendations

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hafaphoto

Running a small overclock with a FX 6300 Black unlocked CPU with a light overclock via the motherboard's software. It recently had been hitting 65C all along, so wondering what you folks recommend for a heatsink and fan that will cool it better than stock. Not looking to get back into water cooling, and don't really care about fan noise, cost not a huge issue.

Thanks!

What case make and model are you using. What we recommend for a cooler might depend on how much clearance there is in the case between the socket area and the side panel. Taller tower style coolers may not fit in a fairly narrow case.

Jeez, had this case for years, not sure. Mid size Antec tower case. PSU is in the bottom of the case, so plenty of room for almost any but the extreme heatsinks.

Get that cooler he linked or 212x Evo for the price they are amazing. Plus 2-3 120mm fans and you are golden. Also whats your motherboard thats of the most importance.
I had no problems with temperatures since I upgraded cooling so yea its great. Vcore limit stoped me from going further above 4.3 but temps are fine low/mid 50c during summer

I'll add do not use the motherboard overclocking software. Learn to do it yourself in the BIOS. Most overclocking software will give the Cpu way more voltage then it needs and a lot will also drop the Dram speed and use the FSB to Oc.

My only hesitation about the CM Hyper 212 evo is the tallness of it and fitting into a case of unknown dimensions.

My only hesitation about the CM Hyper 212 evo is the tallness of it and fitting into a case of unknown dimensions.

If it fits in mine I think it would fit in any case thats mid tower. He always can measure case which I suggest when buying any larger cooler

Sorry, been busy. Looks like an awesome cooler. Will order it soon. Thanks!!

Back