• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD 3200XP Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i have a lan party motherboard. Will i need to get a diffrent mobo for a mobile 2500. Also im going to pay $130 for the amd 3200xp never been userd before so i think that its a really good deal, one more think i would like to ask. Will the 2500 overclocked with air cooling outperform the 3200 xp and is it that bad to overclock? thanx for the quick replys guys.

Hey,

The highest I've had my Athlon 3200 was 240FSB, and it took me ~1.9 volts to get there stably. I just wanted to give you an idea of how this chip overclocks. I think I could have gone further if it weren't for my memory.

You won't need a new motherboard for a mobile XP. In fact, your LP should do quite well.

It's hard to say whether the 2500-M will outperform the 3200 or not. $130 is a good deal (bought mine for $190 or so), and considering a lot of people have to work to get their mobiles to 11x200, it might be worth it to get the 3200 at that price. But then again, it's also possible that you could get 2.5Ghz or more with the mobile.

Basically, what I'm saying is that it's a crapshoot with the mobiles. But with the 3200 you're guaranteed at least 11x200. My 3200 isn't multiplier locked (bought from Newegg in February), so depending on when the one you're looking it was made, perhaps it isn't either. It also depends on your memory and your cooling.

Good luck,

Odie :)

Back