• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD 6300 4.4ghz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
After some tweaking i was able to get it to 4.5ghz stable. I think the chip i have won't go any higher than that which is unfortunate because my temps are great but my voltages are not. at just under 1.5v i'm still maxing out at 52c on air. anyways
http://valid.canardpc.com/p70bxk

Thanks for the help. I had to underclock the ram a bit to achieve the 4.5 but was able to get the bus speed to 231 which makes the ram at least close to it's stock speed.

In your opinion, how many volts should i be giving my ram right now? i set it to 1.55v but if i can go lower, i would love to.

You showed a HWMonitor for a 4420Mhz stable in P95 capture and it was using a max of 1.416 volts and now to get to 4.5Ghz stable it takes a jump to nearly 1.5Vcore. Heck for me in the long run the setting that uses just over 1.4Volts is a lot more sensible than 60Mhz more for a rounded off Vcore of 0.1 increase. Using lesser Vcore on some of the more entry level boards promotes overall stability and longevity. Of course the parts and pieces are all yours and you paid for them. So in the end the choice ot operating mode is fully yours.

I think we often do a form of a dis-service to some users by pushing them to try for the last little bit of speed when 50 to 100Mhz cpu speed increase will never be noticed in windows usage. Now 300Mhz speed increase from 4.5Ghz to 4.8Ghz makes for an actually measurable decrease in the length of time for the video editting that I do. You can actually count that time to render difference in minutes and not even have to resort to using seconds to see a difference. But that is 300Mhz increase not 60Mhz. And included in that 300Mhz speed increase is a slight increase in ram speed and CPU_NB which taken in the entire scope of performance is an actual increase worth using when I edit video. But even then I have my lesser speed setup in bios profile and I drop back to it when not video editting so as to benefit from less heat and not the need for higher voltage to the cpu when not doing the project that will benefit from pushing the cpu and rest of the system.
RGone...

I wouldn't touch your RAM voltage unless you knew you had a low voltage kit. Find Memory timings (spd in cpuz) and in there will be profiles that are known to work for that RAM. Set the voltage to the one that suits your specific profile and you should be good.

you're right. i was really just seeing how far i could push it. it's at 4.4 today, and im lowering the voltages from 1.47 to see what i can do safely. thanks

Good luck man. I spend a great amount of time tweaking just about everything about my configuration. Always in an effort to get stability with performance. It takes a great deal of time and trial and error to get to someplace I consider the "best" for me. That holds true for most of my buds that have done this for years as well. Again luck to you.
RGone...

Back