• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

amd 750k overclock help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bluedragon2k9

This is my first time trying to overclock a cpu and I have screenshot what I got now.I want to make surew all these temps and numbers are ok before i proceed to run prime 95 for longer then 5 minutes .When the pci was taken prime 95 had run for only 5 mins.Hardware monitor cpu temps are inaccurate as far as i can tell because my bios says it is way lower.So please let me know guys how should i proceed and if you think I can get any higher right now its over clocked to 4.4 ghz

Attachments

• cpu.jpg
    cpu.jpg
    291.6 KB · Views: 131
  • cpu 2.jpg
    cpu 2.jpg
    215 KB · Views: 119
  • cpu 3.jpg
    cpu 3.jpg
    271.7 KB · Views: 118
Please post again and use images from CPU-z instead of the MSI utility. All the regulars use certain tools and one of our main ones is CPU-z. Please post pics of the CPU-z tabs: "CPU", "Memory" and "SPD". And you cut off the most important temp reading we need to see in HWMonitor, namely the "core" temp readings, aka "package" temps with newer CPUs. Those will be found below the fan speed lines. Make sure you don't have any core unlocking choices enabled in bios or else the core temp readings will be blocked and show 0c.

Another thing, don't cram too many images in one screen capture. Doing so makes them so small you can't read the values. Use Snipping Tool in Windows Accessories to crop, capture and save the images. Yes, "crop" to eliminate unwanted desktop real estate. You can attach up to three images at a time per post and add more later if you edit the post.

None of your temps that show are too high right now but we do need to see the core temps.

These are the types of information that most users supply in order to be able to help them very much.

CPU Tab in CPUz from CPUID com
attachment.php

Memory Tab in CPUz from CPUID com
attachment.php

SPD Tab in CPUz from CPUID com
attachment.php

And this is screen capture of HWMonitor (free version) from CPUID com
HWMonitor has been scrolled enough and large enough to show Min/Max of Voltages and includes the CPU CORE TEMPS fully visible.

This capture is made of HWMonitor after it has been open on the desktop logging Min/Max temps and voltages while Prime 95 was running Blend Mode test on all cores for at least 20 mins and then the capture of HWMonitor was made and it shows the Min/Max temps and voltages before P95 Blend was started and while running P95 Blend mode and gives much greater insight into how the system is performing without guessing.

attachment.php

In order to attach screenshots of INDIVIDUAL images as suggested, first crop and capture the images with Snipping Tool found in Windows Accessories or equivalent. Then click on Go Advanced, a button at the bottom of every new post window. Then click on the little paperclip tool at the top of the Advanced post window when it opens. Clicking on the paperclip tool brings up the file browser/upload tool and the rest is fairly obvious.

You can upload more than 3 images by repeatedly use BROWSE for file to upload. Images will appear in the post in the order they are uploaded unless you physically arrange the images differently.

here is the photos u guys wanted

right now i got it at 4.49 ghz and man its really fast im hoping voltage and stuff is good hardware monitor for some reason shows crazy temps but my bios says it fine but anyways check it out please

Attachments

• cpu z cpu.png
    cpu z cpu.png
    22.1 KB · Views: 97
  • cpuz memory.jpg
    cpuz memory.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 90
  • hardware monitor.jpg
    hardware monitor.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 95
here is the last photo

i just noticed i got my one stcik of memeory in slot 2 instead of 1 so i should fix that

Attachments

• cpu spd.png
    cpu spd.png
    41.9 KB · Views: 99
betetr pic of hardware monitor

heres a bbetetr pic of hardware monitor

Attachments

• hardware monitor 2.jpg
    hardware monitor 2.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 94
Voltage is way high for those clocks. Take it off auto and set it manually. Should be around 1.350 for that speed. This will help your out of control temps. You'll kill that quickly at those temps. The FM2's are pretty fragile.

ok dropped it to what u said now i got this

dropped it to what u said now i got this

Attachments

• hardware  profile 23.jpg
    hardware profile 23.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 97
ok i took everything back to defaults cause i was afraid cause u said I was killing it how should i proceed to overclock?

dropped speed and volts

ok i dropped speed t0 4.4 and this is what i got anyone think this is safe or ?
have not run prime yet bios says im 26 c idle .

Attachments

• hardware id 123.jpg
    hardware id 123.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 88
Idle temps mean about nothing really. AMD says that the temp sensors don't really get close to accurate until about 40C is reached.

I would be far more concerned with the package/core temp hitting 88c.
RGone...

well thats the thing il ltry to explain hardware monitor is saying package temp is that high but my click II bios from msi is sayign im barley over 50 c then when it got that high i took the case off and touched the heatsink and it was not even hot.So what do you guys think is going on? is hardware monitor giving me thre wrong readings? and the msi is right?

bluedragon,

The best way to overclock is to do it systematically. Start at stock frequencies and voltages and then make small changes to speed and then test for stability after each small change by running a Prime95 blend test for 20 minutes. When you can no longer pass the stress test (i.e., you fail Prime95) add a small amount of voltage (like .025) and retest. Check temps after each voltage increase and only add voltage when you encounter instability. Keep HWMonitor open on the desktop when you run a stress test to check for temps and voltages. Doing this way in small increments avoids frying stuff.

Back