• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD 790FXB MR2SH cant change voltage settings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tao

Hi everyone at ocforums, I was wondering if anyone could help me out with this dilemma. I'm having problems changing any settings under the PWM settings tab which is where all the voltage settings are located. When i enable it or change anything at all i get locked out resulting in cmos reset every time. Changing any other settings seem to be fine in bios, except those specific settings. Much help appreciated thx!

Currently on auto the settings under pwm are:
CPU VID: 1.280
Dram volt: 1.950V
SB PLL 1.2v Voltage: 1.2v
NB core: 1.250v
NB PCIE:1.120v
NB HT Volt:1.270V

Recent changes:
Changes from old setup:
Replaced all stock case fans with arctic cooling 120 mm pwm fans rated at .13a I have 5 of these fans in my case i have 4 of these fans daisy chained in sets of 2 occupying in 2 fan headers and 1 using it own fan header.
Reseated, reapplied the paste with arctic mx 2 on NB and SB to reduce temps
Changed OS to Windows 7 pro 64bit
Flashed bios to 4/21

First off I'd get the fan power off the motherboard. I don't like using motherboard power to run fans, never have, and you're running more fans than normal through the board. That can't help.

And just to clarify - you're trying to turn the voltage up in BIOS but it won't reboot after you do that? How are your CPU temps ...?

Hi yup i'm looking for some fan cables for my sunbeam rheobus 4ch that works with the 4 pin fans. Ya if i change any voltage settings in the bios it just wont boot :S no idea why.

CPU temps are 28c(82.4 F) idle and 44c(111.2 F) load at ambient of 19c(66.2 F).

Last edited:
That is just too weird - but I haven't been a real fan of DFI for AM2+ or AM3. From what I've seen it's mostly BIOS problems but there have been some power issues as well.

Both DFI and ASUS (my favorite for the K8's) seem too fixated on other things to pay much attention to AMD, which is fine since Gigabyte seems to be taking up the slack rather nicely ... :)

The DFI board was doing fine until the recent changes i plugged in a pwm fan for cpu fan header to see if that was the problem but that failed too. I flashed back up to Dec 2008 bios before, but still gave the same results.

Can you give us some screen shots of your bios? It seems rather weird to me that your vcore voltage setting would be found under the pwm tab. On the boards I've owned the pwm stuff is under PCHealth. What other tabs are there?

Back