• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

M5a97 Evo Bios and Overclock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SuperTuner12010

Well had my old gigabyte board that couldnt past my 965 past 3.8 stable. No matter what I tried I was at a stand still. A friend of mine gave me a new m5a97 evo board. AM3+ was something I like, however I think I will get a top iof the line AM3+ board for when I get a bulldozer.

For now im trying to clock my 965be as high as it will go. MY cooling isnt the greatest. Currently runinning a corsair H60 with 2 fans, cooler master thermal paste. Looking to get something better since I ran out of AS5.

Well as many know the new Asus boards with the tpu, epu, digi+ vrm they have a few new settings that im unfamiliar with. After googling I came across a few threads that were more accusations on what to use. Only threads with any real "know" were talking about intel boards so wasnt sure how far off the 2 were.

EPU and TPU both disabled on the board.

At 3.8ghz(1.476v)

NB Frequency 2600(1.1v)

This is another question, the board has the CPU/NB at 1.000v, adding .100v increases to yellow, and just above turns to light pink towards .200v and then to a dark red above that. I know you can push cpu/nb to 1.3v without much strain. Why does asus have the color warning as being a high voltage for something most people bring to 1.2v?

Memory at 1333(1.5v)9,9,9,24 2T

You can see all this in the pics. At my current settings things seem to be cery stable. Only ran Aida64's bench for 10 minutes. But looking to go higher. One other thing im looking at is the settings in the DIGI+ VRM settings.

Any changes I need to make there? Well thanks to all for your help. :D

Attachments

• 110924191228.BMP
    1.4 MB · Views: 327
  • 110924191240.BMP
    1.4 MB · Views: 312
  • 110924191246.BMP
    1.4 MB · Views: 313
  • Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    163.6 KB · Views: 299
Anyone? I still cant seem tio understand why the cpu-nb offset voltage is defaulted to 1.0v, i know it usually defaults to 1.1v.

I did notice that it shows the nb volt at 1.1v. But that should be the voltage to the chip itself correct? From my understanding the only time you really want to up to 1.2v or so is when you are using all dimm slots or 8gb of ram or more.

Back