• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte TRX40 AORUS Xtreme BIOS Version Name

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tomdean

I have a Gigabyte TRX40 AORUS Xtreme with BIOS Version FBi.

I upgraded the BIOS from the 'stock' version to FBi.

Looking on the Gigabyte site, at version 1.1 of the board, I do not see BIOS version FBi. I see FB and FC.

The FBi file is mb_bios_trx40-aorus-xtreme_FBi.zip
The latest file on Gigabyte is mb_bios_trx40-aorus-xtreme_v1.1_fc.zip

I don't know if I should try to load this?

I'm going to guess that the FBi is a Beta BIOS (designated by the lower-case letter) and FC is the next non-Beta release. Have you read the release notes for FC? If there's anything in the notes that will help you, update. Otherwise just stay on your current version if everything is working fine.

I dont see FCi (if there's a way to see beta bios, I can't find it on my phone). I see F5 (rev 1) and FC (rev 1.1).

Like was said above, check the release notes and see if there is something worthwhile.... same thought process with any upgrade. :)

I am getting BIOS errors, creating....
Yes, I asked Gigabyte that some time ago and they agreed with you. FBi is no longer on the site.
I upgraded to FC. Still getting the error - maybe not something to worry about. Everything seems to work OK.
The 2nd BIOS on this MB is FA. I do not plan to upgrade that one.

Yes, I asked Gigabyte that some time ago and they agreed with you. FBi is no longer on the site.
Ok... then why/what are you asking :)? If you should install a BIOS that was pulled from the site? I mean, for me that's an obvious "NO".

I am getting BIOS errors, creating....

I upgraded to FC. Still getting the error - maybe not something to worry about. Everything seems to work OK.
The 2nd BIOS on this MB is FA. I do not plan to upgrade that one.
Creating................................???

.............what error?

Maybe explain in some detail............... a screenshot too, please!

Back