• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD advertisement claims Ryzen Pro capable of 5GHZ. You must be doing it wrong.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Its only dishonest because of a gif on a slide?
Dont recall ever seeing 5ghz actually advertised to be the norm.
The OP like many nit picked a singular video.
Is that trying to start some flame war???

I had a similar thought when I first saw the OP and the video. ‘Is this an attempt to troll?’

Interesting. Bait troll thread gets called out and video disappears.

Now to figure out which one of you made it.

Here, this is real AI.

Lemme see in what you actually really believe lol.

Really it implies more than 5GHz. This is getting ridiculous. It's like the Bulldozer settlement only encouraged them.

This was the original intent of the post. The video clearly showed the meter reaching 5GHZ as it bounced up and down. I thought it was funny considering they just settled the bulldozer thing.

Someone in AMD California marketing must be blazing more than just CPUs.

blazing.jpg

Since Ryzen release I feel that AMD marketing is really strong, but they are not working close with AMD engineers and later we get too high expectations about their products as most info about AMD is pure marketing.

Since Ryzen release I feel that AMD marketing is really strong, but they are not working close with AMD engineers and later we get too high expectations about their products as most info about AMD is pure marketing.

If you look at the sales figures it has been clearly effective regardless of its veracity. :D

Yeah pretty much this. If anything I feel like the video was probably made six months ago and then just released, and whoever released it either didn't pay attention, didn't realize they weren't doing 5GHz (since probably everyone was told 5GHz internally just like we were), or didn't care. But who really knows, was it intentional misleading of the consumer or negligence? Does it really make a difference? I guess but well never truly know.

I guess this is just how marketing is in the PC industry. It's not like Intel has a great record of honest marketing either.

I know I will need all the other stuff later BUT can I ->
A) Purchase That MAGICAL CPU for a low price $500.0???
B) Purchase that said program to make my CPU run faster???
C) Please DO NOT show engineering samples :mad:

Back