• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD APU 6600k overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PanicOnArt

Hello guys,

I'm new to the forum and I'm probably the noobest person as far as overclocking is concerned. I need to ask you if it's possible to overclock my 6600k to something like 4.2Ghz. Below follows a screenshot of my computer specs

http://prntscr.com/4skekx .

Panic, be a little more specific of the components in the Pc, make and models of the components. What are you using to cool the Cpu with? You should read this guide, it is not specific to the Fm Apu platform, but it will give you an understanding of what you need to know. You should use AMD Overdrive to monitor the temperatures. It was the only software I found, when overclocking my A10 7850k, that gave accurate temps on the cores.

What motherboard are you using? The ability of the motherboard's power phase components to handle the extra power draw and heat produced by overclocking the CPU is a major player in the issue you come to us about. And as Manny said in his post, another major component is how good the CPU cooler is. Stock OEM CPU coolers usually don't permit much if any overclocking because they cool only well enough to handle the heat produced at stock clocks and voltages.

Also, we definitely prefer images to be directly attached to posts rather than linked. To do this, use the Go Advanced button and the paperclip tool present in the advanced post window. Please crop the images before attaching to eliminate unnecessary desktop real estate being included in the image(s).

I have an a4, on one board I can clock it right to 4.9.
on my other board it's 4.2 and no further at all.......

Back