• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Athlon II X2 220 overclocking help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bullet8949

Hi my name is Brent and i could really use some help too see if i need some overclocking. First i want to overclock specifically for gaming. ARMA II on medium is my goal and hopefully i dont need to overclock. i own a stock emachines EL1358G-51w computer. AMD Athlon II X2 220 CPU, Nvidia GeForce 6150SE GPU and a modest 3GB RAM with a 220W Mini ATX PSU. tomorrow i will be putting in a Galaxy GeForce GT640 GPU and a new 650W PSU and was wondering if my CPU needs more power to handle ARMA. if it does how should i go about overclocking because i really dont know much about computer internals.

Having checked the recommended system requirements I think you meet or exceed them from at least what I can tell.

Quad Core CPU or fast Dual Core CPU (Intel Core 2.8 GHz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ or faster) / 2 GB RAM / Fast GPU (Nvidia Geforce 8800GT or ATI Radeon 4850 or faster) with Shader Model 3 and 512 or more MB VRAM

Welcome to Overclockers.com! :welcome:

Let's hope your Athlon II X2 will be sufficient because I highly doubt your eMachines has any overclocking options at all.

Cheers!

I agree "dostov" with the poor to no overclocking from the motherboard itself. You would hardly expect a computer for less than $300.00 new, incduding the operating system and case to have a DIY overclocking friendly motherboard inside the case.

thanks for your response guys i appreciate your input!, would my processor be sufficient to run ARMA II??? i am currently looking into getting a AMD Phenom X4 840 because all my motherboard can support is a AM3 95W processor. :(

also from what i can tell i have about 1.8GB of VRAM and with the GT640 it might be increased to 2.8. also just realised today i think my GeForce 6150SE is intergrated, will that help at all?

A non-intergrated GPU is almost always a better way to gain video performance. You do not have to depend on the slower ram of intergrated/onboard video but can buy a better performing GPU.

Back