• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD athlon xp 2500+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

modgod1618

Registered
why cant i overclock my amd 2500+

when i use a program called clockgen it wont let me raise the fsb of my processor

why is that????....

thx
-MODgod

what motherboard do u have?
we need all ur system's specs:
mobo, memory, powersupply, cooling ect.

i have an AMD athlon xp 2500+
512mb RAM 266MHz PC2100
Viper N2PAP-LITE Northbridge - nVIDIA nForce2 400 / Southbridge - nVIDIA nForce2 MCP & AMD Athlon XP @ 400MHz FSB
2 80mm case fans and THERMALRIGHT SLK-900 with a tornado

clockgen should be able to work on any nF2 motherboard, maybe you're not doing something correctly.
also what speed is your memory running at PC2100 (133MHz) RAM with a 166MHz FSB chip?
Look in your BIOS for FSB adjustments, I'm sure you'll find it there. Always better OC from the BIOS

yeh i would clock in bios but i dont no how to in pheniox-award bios

and in clockgen it wont let me raise fsb at all its locked

That's weird, I used clockgen on my board and it worked fine, I don't know what else to tell you about that.
Regarding your BIOS, just dig around, there's nothing really that can't be undone with a simple CMOS clear. So don't worry and explore.
There might be some place where you can enable expert/advanced settings, or something similar, it might be set to auto right now. Just dig around, I'm sure that if its there you'll find it

wut do u mean...

i hav a barton and i heard you have to unlock it

is there any way i can overclock my computer?

Although his RAM might be a bottleneck in his overclocking, it shouldn't prevent clockgen from increasing the FSB.

modgod: You have PC2100 RAM, which was meant to run at 133MHz, the CPU you have is meant to run at 166MHz FSB. Unless the RAM you have is really great and can run at 166MHz FSB, then great, but I somehow doubt it. You can't unlock your processor. there is a workaround but it doesn't work on nForce2 chipset so you're pretty stuck. I would recommend you get PC3200 or higher rated RAM, and find that FSB setting in the BIOS, because FSB overclocking is your only option. Download CPU-Z, look at the CPU speed and RAM ratio, the speed should be 1833MHz (166x11) and the RAM ratio should be 1:1, if the CPU is running at 1467MHz, then you're underclocking, and you need new RAM to get it to run at default speed, if the ratio is not 1:1 then you're losing performance, and should really get higher rated RAM so you can run the RAM in sync with the FSB

Back