• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Board upgrade or build new box

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hrobakca

Currently i have a eMachine EL1210-09
Motherboard:Acer DA078L Boxer Motherboard 07160-1 GeForce 8200 AM2

Better off to maybe find a another mobo thats fits in box or just build a new one

You definitely need to get a bigger case. Get one at least 8" wide from outside to outside so it can accommodate the tall tower air coolers. They are the most efficient style of air cooler. The Antec 300 on NewEgg is an excellent choice and a great bargain!

I'd vote a new one, a mobo that fit in your case is maybe more expensive that a new one.

Your present case does not have sufficient ventilation to support faster, hotter components.

Thread revival!

Hello all,

Got a friend who bought the same box, wanting to upgrade to meet the minimum specs for an upcoming game. We've found a compatible processor, but the onboard video card doesn't cut it. Here are the game's graphics specs:

ATI XT1800 or better/NVIDIA 7800 or better/Intel 4100 or better
256 MB minimum video RAM
shader 3.0 or better

The board currently comes with an NVIDIA GeForce 9200, which apparenly won't do the job, based on can-i-run-it type sites. However it does have a single unused PCI Express x 16 slot...so, is there a way he can inexpensively add a video card, or would this upgrade entail buying a new PSU/case as well?

Back