• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Bulldozer FX-6100 problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Barker55

Hello guys.

Im having some issues with my AMD Bulldozer FX-6100 with random crashes causing BSOD errors when it finally gets back on to desktop.

My pc Specs:

CPU: AMD FX™-6100 Six-Core Processor 3.30GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengance 1600 MHz (4GB)
PSU: Corsair CX430
Motherboard: Asus M5A7BL-M/USB3
Graphics Card: Gigabyte 8800 GT
HardDrive: SAMSUNG HD103UJ 1TB

PROBLEM-
Newly built pc, motherboard and psu was used by someone else before i bought them but for only around 3 months.

I am getting constant crashes when i boot onto the desktop, wether its searching the internet or looking through folder or in safe mode it crashes reboots and comes up with the BSOD after maybe (2-5 mins):

Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 2057

The strange thing is, i am actually on this computer now and have managed to get it working fine, but it only seems to run when a stress test (Prime 95) is running in the background :-/ really confused as to what this could be. It obviously somthing to do with the CPU by the looks of things.

I have run memtest 86 and Ram passed.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Many thanks in advance kye.

Which Prime95 stress test did you run? Blend, small FFT or large FFT?

I have run blend for about 12 hours without a crash and i did try small FTTS with no crashes for about 2 hours.

Maybe your idle voltage is not high enough...

Try disabling the power saving options in the bios.

Maybe your idle voltage is not high enough...

Try disabling the power saving options in the bios.

THANK YOU SO MUCH !

finally found the enery saving options in the bios, and it seems to have done the trick been on it about a hour without a single stutter or crash saved me throwing more money at un neccasary parts. Cant thank you enough :thup:

You're welcome.
But this one is a quick fix.

You can tweak by adding a little bit more vcore and lowering the LLC level.

Back