• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FX 6100 ~ NB overclocking problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Virdrugs

Heys guys ; I have a problem with my FX 6100 overclock NB ; the stock frequency is 2000 MHz but when i increase the CPU/NB voltage beyond like 1.26v ; Windows starting up fine but when I start a AIDA64 Memory / Cache ; during the bench the screen goes black and the computer restart.
My Rig :
FX - 6100 Stock
GTX 660
8 GB of Kingston hyper x fury memory clocked at 2000 MHz
The mobo is a GA-970A-UD3
And the PSU is a CX500 from Corsair.

Need some clarification here. Are you leaving the CPU/NB frequency at stock or overclocking it? The 1.26 voltage you speak of, is that with reference to the CPU or the CPU/NB?

But no matter about those things. You may never get an FX CPU stable at a RAM frequency of 2000 mhz, no matter how much you tweak. That generation of AMD CPU had weak integrated memory controllers (IMC) and were good for RAM frequency at about a max of 1866 mhz.

NB = Chipset or NB voltage

CPU/NB is integrated memory controller voltage.
HT is for Hyper transport voltage.

NB stock frequency is 2600mhz. You want NB or chipset voltage for this.

For better memory stability, you may want to increase the memory voltage more so than the IMC voltage.

Oh ; sorry for the lack of info ; I would saying if it’s OC’ed or not ; the problem is the same ; it’s the CPU / NB ; and about the IMC ; i see some FX users pushing their frequency to 2133 MHz or maybe 2400 MHz if you lucky with IMC , mine doesn’t want to go above 2060 MHz so... you’re think it’s the RAM frequency that cause the problem ?

Last edited:
Oh ; sorry for the lack of info ; I would saying if it’s OC’ed or not ; the problem is the same ; it’s the CPU / NB ; and about the IMC ; i see some FX users pushing their frequency to 2133 MHz or maybe 2400 MHz if you lucky with IMC , mine doesn’t want to go above 2060 MHz so... you’re think it’s the RAM frequency that cause the problem ?

IT's difficult to say for sure.
Typically if memory has an issue you get a blue screen.

I think it's a motherboard or power supply issue.

OK thanks for your help ; just one last question ; you think this is better waiting Zen 3 to come out and sell the entire PC now and what kind of price for or just add a better cooling solution like a water cooler and OC as much it can and wait for the next-gen in 1 ~ 2 years ?

OK thanks for your help ; just one last question ; you think this is better waiting Zen 3 to come out and sell the entire PC now and what kind of price for or just add a better cooling solution like a water cooler and OC as much it can and wait for the next-gen in 1 ~ 2 years ?

Honestly any generation of Ryzen will be significantly faster than the FX processors.

Wait for new Ryzen chips and decide what you can afford at that time.

I do not think it's worth keeping the FX system, but it's also not worth a great deal on the used market.

So is the system stable at stock values? It's worth very little if it is in good running order but nothing if not. And to make any profit at all you would need to find a local buyer. Shipping will kill you.

Back