• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD CPU Barton

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tweaker

ok ok ok!!! Heres what we got. AMD 2500+ Baton proc. We put it out of the box into a A7N8X DLX ASUS mobo. After much cussing and ******* we ended up with the folling:
1833 to 2400. NO @%#^#!
That is water cooled and the pelt is going on tomorrow!:cool:
My Best Bud RAD MAN is the dude that makes it happen. We are also running at 200X12=2400 isn't 400fsb insane and we will get more even if Rad man has to volt mod this new board! He will probably do it anyway while I am asleep or something anyway! (I believe but don't quote me the stepping is ACGGA0302,if I am wrong I will post the correct on a new thread). We are easily getting 570 mhz over stock, and I believe Rad Man is capable of a few more hundred after the 226w pelt is in! -5 below C is coming soon!We will post Pics and stuff as soon as we are done, you all will love this thing! I know we do! We really appreciate you guys! You all are the heat! We always check here when we need the real deal info on getting our stuff to work right! A BIG THANX TO ALL YOU DUDES!!!!!
SYSTEM NEW BUILD ALMOST COMPLETE (95%)
Custom Painted case w/ window and custom light effects.
ASUS A7N8X D mobo, BIOS VER. 1004
AMD 2500+barton 1833 cranked up to 2400mhz 1.875v 200X12!
OCZ LL, el DDR 3500 512m w/ copper heat spreaders @402mhz!
ATI 9500 pro bios flashed to a 9700 pro Radeon Graphics card
RAD MAN will have this volt modded before I wake up he he
Antec pp402 400W (pots have been cranked for more voltage for the 3.3 and 5 volt rail).
Separate meanwell power supply for the 226w pelt. (tomorrow!)
SB audigy2 with live drive sound card
600w SONY 5.1 surround sound system
19" (18.1 viewable) Sony Flat panel monitor
13" LCD Sharp Flat panel TV mounted on case for additional viewing pleasure! It folds up flush on case when not in use hehe
60 gig 7200rpm HD, 52X24X52 CDRW
Oh oh oh ehhhh It's Water Cooled with a in the case Water System with MAZE2 copper block with pelt mount, and Rad Man also made... Thats right, MADE! custom water blocks for the North Bridge and the Graphics card! He is the heat eh?

We will be building Custom systems similar to this for folks that just gotta have! We're the Kahoots Brothers! and our company is RED BOX INC! [email protected]

*"ENERGY STAR COMPLIANT we're NOT!"*

:cool: :D :p

yeah not bad at all.But 2400mhz isnt THAT impressive for watercooling.
Also, you cant "flash" a 9500pro into a 9700pro.

Last edited:
DARN BLAB IT!

YO JAMES!

Dude, don't get me and the Rad Man wrong... we were not being biggity or tryin to brag. We are just real excited about how our new system is turning out. It was just a real blast to make a 2500+ AMD barton 1833mhz run at 2400 using a stock mobo at 1.875 volts. WE have yet to turn on the 226w pelt that will let us run the proc at about 28 degrees F!!!!! Water cooled at a horrible load is still about 100 degrees! SOOOOOOOO, When Rad Man volt mods the mobo and we are running the proc at freezing, I believe we will get to the procs max of 3000mhz. We will let ya know the progress of our endeavor soon. I hope you feel as excited as we do when you have things go great for ya and we all need to help one another to get the most of our stuff and have a good time doing it! You still the heat dude! have a great one!

Tweaker and Rad Man:cool:

2.4 =
icon14.gif

over 2.4 with more vcore and a pelt =
icon14.gif
icon14.gif

james.miller said:
keep (u)s all informed
=
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif

NO NOT AN AD! We are NOT trying to sell nothing here! We were just telling you all the stuff we were doing. Please dont think that, cool? Oh, and to Mr. Miller, How come we DID flash the bios and it does now state for a fact its a 9700pro? Very first bench mark from 12532 to 15233!!!!!!!!!! I guess we ehhhh.... We got the info and how to from the great minds at work here!!!! Just give some of these guys credit, they are , What can I say? THE HEAT!!!!!

tweaker said:
Oh, and to Mr. Miller, How come we DID flash the bios and it does now state for a fact its a 9700pro? Very first bench mark from 12532 to 15233!!!!!!!!!! I guess we ehhhh.... We got the info and how to from the great minds at work here!!!! Just give some of these guys credit, they are , What can I say? THE HEAT!!!!!

You flashed the bios, and turned the memory interface from 128 bit 256 bit? The bios just lets you overclock, it doesn't turn a 9500 pro into a 9700 pro.

If it was a 9700 pro you probably would have gotten more like 18000.

NO, I said it says it is a 9700pro on the sys info. It is runnong better and when we are done with mods, it should bench close to the 9700pro on the system we are completing soon. Thanx for the diddy tho!

KB's

if i moddifed my bios to say "uber l33t ultra 9900 platinum gold edition", Do you think thats what it would be? no lol.

heres somthing for you to try. look at the card itself. how are the ram chips aranged? all at the top of the board? well, sorry, but that a 128bit card and it will never be a 9700pro.

you wanna know why it was faster after you flashed it with the 9700pro bios? becacause 9700pro's run at 325/310. 9500pro's only run at 275/270. all you did was increase the clockspeed and, depending on the pc, it can have a profound effect on 3dmark scores.

Last edited:
ok, here's my point. I know its a 9500pro....... I was just saying that the sys says now 9700pro and it unlocked it so we could then push the speeds up. So instead of 275/540 we are now at 340 and 650. That is before Rad man gets a hold of it and volt mods it. I will say that I am happy with this card and If I wanted to be crazy and to brag I do have the duckets to just as well buy a 9800pro and brag about that. But since I am just a simple dude, I will build a nice system that will do more than Benchmark.

Have a good one, Cya!
KB's........Rad and Tweaker

Back