• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD CPU's and CM Hyper 212

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Got the Phobya thermal compound in yesterday and I'll see if I can get the heatsink cleaned and reseated tonight after work. I'm going to take pictures of the heatsink and fans setup and the method of applying the thermal compound just to be sure I'm doing it right, lol. :)

at op you got 10 to 20 degrees to play with, if i were you, i would run it until your chip start throttles back but take it slow, just a suggestion. Unless, someone has proof that your chip can not run 65-70 degrees

Got the Phobya thermal compound in yesterday and I'll see if I can get the heatsink cleaned and reseated tonight after work. I'm going to take pictures of the heatsink and fans setup and the method of applying the thermal compound just to be sure I'm doing it right, lol. :)

Ok man, best of luck to you, I really am curious about this TIM, if it's good,maybe I'll go down to Fry's Electronics and buy a couple tubes :D

Okay, tonight I cleaned the CPU and heatsink very good, applied the new thermal compound in lines on the pipes as instructed and cleaned all the fans. Idle Temp is now 36-37 C and I haven't stressed it yet for load temps. Here are some pictures of how everything is laid out and how the thermal compound was applied.

HeatsinkCompoundApplication.jpg

CaseFans3.jpg

CaseFans2.jpg

CaseFans1.jpg

One last thing....forgive the crappy cable management. Any suggestions to further improve temps?

Last edited:
Alright, 20 minutes running Prime 95 on blend and max load temp so far is 47 C. Will let it run for a while. Not sure if this compound has any cure time but I suspect it does since I can't find any info to the contrary.

Alright, 20 minutes running Prime 95 on blend and max load temp so far is 47 C. Will let it run for a while. Not sure if this compound has any cure time but I suspect it does since I can't find any info to the contrary.

Well, those are decent temps...The only other thing I can tell you is to put a side intake fan...if you have room for one, that lowered my temps by 8 C..If you want to go even farther you can put another fan on your 212 for a push/pull to force the fans out anymore, if that doesn't help I have nothing else to tell you. Best of luck man..All TIM has SOME cure time, but it really wont matter, I just recommend let it idle for 20 min. Let it load for 20 min..for about 3-4 hours..that should lower your temps, it didn't for me but it has for many others.

11 hours of blended Prime 95 yielded a full load max temp of 47 C. Min temp is still 36 C. Will check again when get home from work.

LOL Crusty....and I still want lower temps. :) I'm going to add that additional fan on the heatsink for push/pull I think....eventually.

Back