• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Desktop Trinity Update: Now With Core i3 And A8-3870K

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
pretty cool stuff! doesnt it seem like people are talking up the grafics on those though? i mean anyone doing any real gaming is gonna end up buying an aftermarket card right? i know you can do the crossfirex or whatever between that and a discrete card but. idk i could see it both ways seeing as how the apu's are still in their infancy.

still cool to see how tech is advancing every day its crazy

That's pretty darn good gaming performance, especially considering that's "integrated".

pretty cool stuff! doesnt it seem like people are talking up the grafics on those though? i mean anyone doing any real gaming is gonna end up buying an aftermarket card right? i know you can do the crossfirex or whatever between that and a discrete card but. idk i could see it both ways seeing as how the apu's are still in their infancy.

Check out some of the Llano Crossfire performance, it was a good jump from just discrete. Definitely the best way to get a game playable on a tight budget.

Would love to see this against Ivybridge's iGPU...(though I understand its two different pricing structures - Im just curious to see if Intel can come close).

Thanks for the link.

The whole point of an APU is a (stand alone capable) GPU with a CPU for the price of a CPU alone, or the power of standalone GPU Crossfire for the price of a CPU and 1 GPU.

There not Desktop workstations, if anything there geared toward HTPC, BlueRay / HD TV and Movies, HD YouTube, HD Recording, encoding, Photo editing, and Full HD DX11 Gaming... all these are aspects where the APU is stronger than the similar priced i3.

It would be silly to have an APU as an office workstation, or to have an i3 and then spend extra money on a stand alone GPU just to get it on par with the APU for Gaming, is also not as clever IMHO. :)

Back